Established: Fall 2006
The charge of this committee is to ensure full alignment between the College’s mission, strategic directions, planning, quality of programs and services and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Ensure all college planning is responsive to the college vision, values, mission, goals, community expectations, and student demographics.
- This committee will be divided into three subcommittees with specific charges: Accreditation, Program Review and Strategic Planning.
- Maintain a work plan and schedule to include goals, requirements, etc. for the committee and the subcommittees.
- Ensure that the full committee meets once a month and that the subcommittees meet at least once (or twice) a month with monthly reports to the full committee.
Accreditation Subcommittee Charge:
- Oversee the Accreditation compliance process and related accountability in consultation with the VP of Academic Affairs and the various constituent groups.
- Coordinate accreditation activities, including preparation of self-study reports, midterm reports, interim reports, annual reports and site visitations for accreditation reaffirmation.
- Create and monitor a work plan and schedule inclusive of the 6-year accreditation cycle.
- Receive and distribute information from subcommittees:
- WASC Accreditation Commission
- Previous accreditation reports
- Campus and community constituencies
- Maintain and update resources in the Accreditation Resource Center.
Program Review Subcommittee Charge:
- Establish, monitor, and oversee the program review criteria, process, implementation, and accountability in consultation with the Academic Senate.
- Recommend institutional priorities that are based on data driven Program Review.
- Coordinate information and data (SLO) with Curriculum Committee.
- Provide information and data in support of the committee’s and subcommittee’s work.
- Develop and monitor Program Review schedule for Academic Affairs and Student Affairs divisions and programs.
- Assessment of Program Reviews as to: (1) form, (2) quality, (3) implementation.
- Place approved program reviews on public folders.
Strategic Planning Subcommittee Charge:
- Establish, monitor, and oversee the Strategic Planning process, implementation and accountability.
- Ensure all college planning is responsive to the college vision, values, mission goals, community, and student demographics.
- Ensure that all planning processes involve appropriate segments of the college community.
- Maintain updated Strategic Plan on public folders.
Recommendations Forwarded to
College Council and Academic Senate as appropriate