Evergreen Valley College is approved to enroll veterans by the Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education. Eligible veterans may receive benefits while pursuing a college degree or certificate. Veterans may verify their eligibility by calling the San Francisco Veterans Administration at (800) 827-1000.
Effective, January 1, 2008 members of the armed forces in active duty and former members separated from active duty within the last two years, are granted priority registration, along with EOP&S students and students with disabilities.
New, Returning, Transfer-In VA Students
BEFORE meeting with the VA counselor, please complete following steps
1. Complete EVC Online application
2. Take the EVC Assessment Test (by appointment only - call 408-274-7900 x6636).
3. Complete VA Application for Benefits online (click on Apply for Benefits) and obtain the paper copy of your VA eligibility (you should receive it in mail).
4. If you transfer from another school and/or change your major complete Form 22-1995-Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (scroll down the page) and print a copy.
5. Obtain the official transcripts from ALL colleges you've attended earlier. They must be submitted in ORIGINAL, SEALED ENVELOPES. You have to able to turn them in all of them at the VA Counselor appointment. Start this process early - it takes four-six weeks whether within California or out of state. In lieu of missing transcripts, you might need to sign a statement of no previous college education completed.
6. Obtain a copy of DD-214- the Proof of Service, the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. You should receive a paper copy in mail.
7. Complete EVC Veterans Benefit Request Form for upcoming school term.
8. Submit all documents to SC 201 (for Tiffani Lam, Office of Veterans Affairs). If any documents listed above are missing, the VA Counselor will not be able to complete your Ed Plan and EVC Office of Veterans Affairs will not certify you for benefits.
9. Schedule the Ed Plan appointment with VA Counselor Andrea Mena, SC 201.
Continuing VA Students (enrolled at EVC last semester)
1. Follow your Ed Plan - take classes that had been approved by the VA Counselor.
2. Complete Veterans Benefit Request From each semester you are taking classes at EVC and submit it to SC 201 (for Tiffani Lam, Office of Veterans Affairs).
VA Dependent Students
Please follow the steps for New, Returning, and Transfer-In VA Students EXCEPT Step #6 - the DD-214- the Proof of Service required.
Office of Veterans Affairs
M-Th 8:00 am – 5:00 pmF 9:00am – 1:00 pm
Student Services Building, Room SC 201