Is Distance Learning for you?
If this mode of learning is new to you, don't panic! You will understand how it all works shortly. What you need to know is whether online learning is for you. You must also be realistic about how much time an online class will take. Expect to spend at least as much time in an online class as you would in a classroom section of the same course. Online learning can be more difficult without the classroom attention, so it helps to be a self-motivated, independent learner.
Here are a few requirements for taking an online course:
- Reliable access to the internet.
- Basic word processing skills.
- Some familiarity with a web browser and email.
- Motivation, discipline, and good time management skills.
- A preference for individualized learning.
- Desire to succeed in your learning experience.
Generally, distance learning is more demanding.
At Evergreen Valley College online learning is offered in Moodle.
To log in to your course, follow the How To instructions provided for Moodle.
- Check MyWeb to make sure you are officially registered for the class.
- If you are registered, contact the SJECCD Help Desk for assistance:
- Phone: 408-270-6411
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Learning at EVC
- Face-to-face classes may have online assignments.
- Hybrid classes are taught partly in the classroom and partly online.
- Online classes are taught completely online, although some online classes have an orientation at the beginning of the term, and some require a final exam or other exams on campus.
Consult the list of Online & Hybrid Classes or contact the instructor before classes start to find out about orientations or other meeting requirements.
For more information about taking online classes, see Distance Learning at EVC.