International Students

​​Evergreen Valley College welcomes international students!

 We have international students from many different countries. At EVC we look forward to guiding you on your educational journey here in Silicon Valley!  Click here for a brief information about our program

Applic​ation  must incl​ude:

  1. International (F-1) Student Application
  2. EVC College Application    Note: For the above forms, all requested information must be filled out completely and a U.S. address must be provided for SEVIS as required by USCIS.

  3. Two colored photos (passport type)
  4. Official Transcripts from your high school/colleges
  5. TOEFL or IELTS scores MUST be sent directly by testing agency. 

School code: 4273 - Department code: 00.  

  • TOEFL iBT: Minimum score based on test type: 500 -  paper based exam; 173 -  computer based exam; 61 -  internet based exam 
  • IELTS:  Minimum Band Score: 6.0

 * If applicant has completed degree applicable courses in English with a grade of “C” or better (at an accredited U.S. college/university), the TOEFL may be waived.

  1. Original bank verification (signed by certifying official) with a minimum balance of $20,000 (U.S. currency) from parent/sponsor dated within 6 months of application date
  2. Letter of Financial support /Affidavit of Support Form   from parents or a sponsor
  3. Copy of passport biographical info page
  4. TB Skin Test results. If results are positive, a chest x-ray report will be required.  Exams must be dated within 6 months of application date.

Tra​nsfer Stude​nts

 In addition to the  listed above, the following items also required :

  1. A copy of your current visa, Information pages and I-94 card from your passport
  2. If you are currently on an F-1 Student Visa:
    • Copy of your Form I-20
    • Official transcripts from your school 
    • Transfer Authorization Form from your current school(may be provided upon acceptance)​

Program FAQs


Is TOEFL  Mandatory?

Yes.  We require a TOEFL score of 173 for computer based exam, 61 for Internet based exam, or 500 for paper based exam. The only other test of English proficiency we accept is IELTS.  

What If I Cannot Take the TOEFL?

We will accept the IELTS test.  You must have a minimum band score of 6.0 or above. 

Can I Apply and Send TOEFL/IELTS Scores Later?

 Yes.  But we cannot fully admit you or issue your I-20 until we have your TOEFL or IELTS scores on file. 

What Are Your TOEFL or IELTS Codes?

Our school code is 4273.  Our department code is 00.

Can I Use Something Besides TOEFL or IELTS?

No.  These are the only two tests of English proficiency we use at this time. 

Can I Submit Transcripts from Out of the U.S?

No. We do not evaluate foreign transcripts for credits or to replace coursework at our college.

Can I Transfer to EVC if I Am Already in the U.S.?Yes. Transfer students must have official transcripts mailed to the International Programs & Services Department.  We will verify your enrollment.  You must be in good standing at your current institution with your visa in status.  You also must fill out a Transfer Authorization Letter.

When Do I Receive My I-20?

You must turn in all required documents. Only after you have received your I-20 and acceptance letter are you formally admitted to EVC.  To receive your I-20 quickly you should have your all required documentation submitted. 

What Kind of Visa will I get?

If admitted, EVC will issue the Eligibility for F-1 Visa form, also known as I-20. The U.S. Consulate will issue the visa.

Why Do I Need a TB Test?

A TB (Tuberculin Skin Test) is required.  If you wait to do a TB Test here in the U.S. you run the risk of being sent home if it is positive.  If your test is positive you must have a chest X-Ray.  If the X-Ray is positive you will have to leave the U.S.  That is why it is better to complete the TB Test in your home country.  You may use our form or submit a stamped/signed form from a doctor or hospital in your home country.  All test results must be completed within the last 6 months. 

How Can I Verify Financial Support? 

You may use our Letter of Financial Support that will be stamped by your bank or you may provide us with an official letter on bank letterhead verifying funds. 

Can I Have Funds From Multiple Sources?

Yes.  You may have funds from more than one source.  All documentation needs to state how each person is related to you and will provide for your financial needs while in the U.S. 

When Do You Admit Students?

We admit students for our fall and spring semesters only.

Do You Have an ESL Language School On Your Campus?  At this time we do not have a language school or ESL Center.  Students who arrive should be proficient in English. 

Working and Internships

Can I Work?

Yes, but you must have prior authorization from International Programs & Services.  You have to have completed one academic year of study to be considered for work approval.  You also must have a taxpayer ID (not the same as a Social Security card).  Some students find work on campus. 

Can I Have an Internship?

Yes, but you must have prior authorization from International Programs & Services.  You have to have completed one academic year of study to be considered for internship approval.  You also must have a taxpayer ID (not the same as a Social Security card).  We do have paid and unpaid internship experiences at companies in Silicon Valley. 

Visa Status

Can I Change My Visa Status?

No.  You must re-enter the country with a F-1 Visa status.  You either will fly to your home country or go to a consulate outside the United States.

Do You Accept Terminated Students?

If you came in on an I-20 and did not attend that school, you are not able to attend EVC.  EVC does not accept terminated or dismissed students from another institution. 

What If I Need to Change My I-20?

An International student must inform International Programs & Services whenever he/she: moves, changes name, drops below 12 units, wishes to travel outside the continental U.S. or otherwise fails to uphold the regulations dictated by law. Failure to do so may jeopardize the student's visa status in the United States.

What If I Have Visa Questions?

We are here to help you at EVC's International Programs & Services with visa questions.  While our staff is here to help, international students must also be familiar with and adhere to Immigration regulations, EVC student conduct, and enrollment requirements.


Do You Provide On Campus Housing?


Courses and Units

Can I Take Online Courses?

After one year of academic study you may take some online courses.  Subject to approval from International Programs & Services.

How Many Units Do I Need to Take?

In order to be in good status with your F-1 visa, you must enroll in and complete 12 units in the fall and spring semesters.  Completing a course means passing the course with a "C" or better grade.  You are not required to take courses in summer or in our January intersession, but can choose to enroll in these short term sessions.  All coursework must be completed at EVC unless you have prior authorization from International Programs & Services. 


How Do I Pay for EVC?

EVC accepts payments made by credit card, money order, or cash.  No personal checks can be accepted.  Students must pay tuition or may be dropped from their courses, resulting in notification to the USCIS. 

Health Insurance

How Do I Get Health Insurance?

Each international student is strongly urged to have a health insurance policy.  We have included some links to international student health insurance providers, but do endorse any company over another.

​Contact Info:​​​

International Programs & Services Office
 Student Center Building, Room SC201

Phone (408) 223.6740

Fax (408) 223.9351

   International Students Association (ISA) Evergreen Club

FALL 2016 application period:

applicants from outside of the U.S: until May 31th, 2016

applicants from inside the U.S: until July 31st, 2016 

Resources for F-1 Students:

 Compliance w/Laws  Form

Maintaining F-1 Status Info

New Student Hand Book 2015



EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College