Veteran Affairs

Welcome to Veterans Affairs​​​


Our school is approved to enroll veterans by the Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education. Eligible veterans may receive benefits while pursuing a college degree or certificate.

To receive Veterans Benefits, all Veteran Students are required to have an Educational Plan (Ed Plan) created and approved by a VA counselor (per Veterans Administration Policy).

Effective, January 1, 2008 members of the armed forces in active duty and former members separated from active duty within the last two years, are granted priority registration, along with EOP&S students and students with disabilities.

VA Students Eligible for AB13 (VACA) Non-Resident Tuition Exemption IF

* Physically in California

* Within 3 years of discharge date

* Active duty of at least 90 days

* Spouse/child of eligible  member who transfered benefits

* Eligible to use one of the following

"John David Fry" scholarship

Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapters 30 or 33)

* May continue to benefit after 3 years of discharge is up if student is continuously enrolled

New, Returning, Transfer-In VA Students Procedure

BEFORE meeting with the VA counselor, please complete following steps

1. Complete EVC Online application

2. Take the EVC Assessment Test (by appointment only - call 408-274-7900 x6636).

3. Complete  VA Application for Benefits online (click on Apply for Benefits) and obtain the paper copy of your VA eligibility (you should receive it in mail).

4. If you transfer  from another school and/or change your major  complete Form 22-1995-Request for Change of Program or Place of Training  (scroll down the page) and print a copy.5. If you think that you might be eligible for AB13 (VACA-California Nonresident Tuition Exemption) Section 702 of the Choice Act - please complete the Affidavit for Eligible Veterans form and submit it to Tiffani Lam, Office of Admission & Records.

6.  Obtain the official transcripts from ALL colleges you've attended earlier. They must be submitted in ORIGINAL, SEALED ENVELOPES. You have to able to turn them in all of them at the VA Counselor appointment. Start this process early - it takes four-six weeks whether within California or out of state. In lieu of missing transcripts, you might need to sign a statement of no previous college education completed.

7.  Obtain a copy of DD-214- the Proof of Service, the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.  You should receive a paper copy in mail.

8.  Complete EVC Veterans Benefit Request Form for upcoming school term.

9. Submit all documents to SC 201 (for Tiffani Lam, Office of Admissions & Records). If any documents listed above are missing, the VA Counselor will not be able to complete your Ed Plan and EVC Office of Veterans Affairs will not certify you for benefits.

10. Schedule the Ed Plan appointment with VA Counselor Andrea Mena, SC 201.

Continuing VA Students (enrolled at EVC last semester) Procedure

1. Follow your Ed Plan - take classes that had been approved by the VA Counselor.

2. Complete Veterans Benefit Request From each semester you are taking classes at EVC and submit it to SC 201 (for Tiffani Lam, Office of Admissions & Records).

VA Dependent Students Procedure

Please follow the steps for New, Returning, and Transfer-In VA Students EXCEPT Step #7 - the DD-214- the Proof of Service  required.

EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College