Frequently Asked Questions

​​Click on each question for the answer.

Do I have to be a full-time student in order to receive financial aid? 
No, you do not have to be full-time to receive financial aid.

Do I need to redo my FAFSA every semester? 
No. If you are interested in receiving federal aid, A FAFSA needs only to be submitted once every academic school year.

I am taking classes at two colleges. Can I get financial aid at both schools? 
A student is able to receive a BOG Fee Waiver at more than one community college, but cannot receive financial aid from more than one institution at a time.

I’m disqualified for financial aid. How do I get it again? 
You must either submit an Appeal for Financial Aid Reinstatement or Re-establish Financial Aid Eligibility. Further information can be found  on the Satisfactory Academic Progress page​.

I live on my own and pay my own bills, how come I am considered "Dependent"? 
The FAFSA has different requirements for what constitutes a "dependent" or "independent" student. Students do not declare their dependency status. We may be able to override your dependency status if unusual circumstances exist that make it impossible for you to have contact with your parents.

How do I get an award letter? 
Award letters are available via MyWeb ( under the financial aid tab.

How much can I make and still get financial aid? 
There is no simple answer to this question, because multiple factors (other than income) are looked at when determining financial aid eligibility.

How do I know what documents financial aid will need to process my application?
A Financial Aid Status email will be sent to you. Please keep your address current at the Admissions and Records Office.

What is a Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver? 
For eligible California residents, the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver permits enrollment fees to be waived.


EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College