Financial Aid and Scholarships


Organization Chart​

W​e understand that paying for college can be a challenge.  It is important for you to know that there are many resources available to help you and your family cover the cost of your college education.  The dedicated staff in the Financial Aid Office are here to help you learn about the resources and to help you apply for financial aid.

Types of Financial Aid Available at Evergreen Valley College​​

Board of Governors Fee Waiver​

California residents may apply for the California Community Colleges Board of Governors Fee Waiver, which waives the $46 per unit enrollment fee. 
BOGFW Eligibility is now tied to your Academic Standing. For me information, please see link below.
BOG Fee Waiver Changes (PDF)​​​


Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is the largest grant program in the country.  It is the foundation for an award package.  Pell Grants provide financial assistance to eligible part-time and full-time students, and are calculated based on enrollment status and Expected Family Contribution (EFC).  The maximum award amount for the 2016-2017 school year is $5816​. 

A Federal Pell Grant does not have to be repaid (in most cases).  Federal Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or a professional degree.
Learn more about the Federal Pell Grant​


The​​ Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is a limited grant for Pell-eligible students with the lowest EFCs who meet the priority deadlines and are enrolled in at least six units. More information about a FSEOG.

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for students who demonstrate financial need and are enrolled in at least six units.  Eligible students apply for work study positions either on or off campus. Read more information about Federal Work Study.

Cal Grant​ ​​B & C  ​​​​​​

A Cal Grant is money for college you don't have to pay back. To qualify, you must meet the eligibility and financial requirements as well as a GPA requirement. More information about Cal-Grants can be found at the link below:

​​What is a Cal Grant?​

Full-time Student Success​ Grant

The Full-time Student Success Grant (FTSSG) is awarded to eligible Cal Grant B recipients who are enrolled full-time ​(12 or more units).  Students can receive $500 during the Fall and $500 during the Spring if eligible. 

 The purpose of this new grant is to support student persistence,   retention, and success for Cal Grant B students.

Community College Completion Grant 

This new grant encourages you to complete your program in two years. It is $1500 a year, $750 per semester.
CCCG Requirements

  • ​​You are receiving a Cal Grant B or C
  • You are enrolled in 15 degree applicable units, including summer and intersession classes.
  • You have a CCCG comprehensive educational plan that shows you can complete your program in 2-3 years.​​   

Student Fact Sheet for CCCG.pdf                             ​

​Federal Direct Student Loans

Federal Direct Student Loans are low-interest loans for students to help pay for the cost of college education.  The lender is the U.S. Department of Education.  For more information please read the Student Loan page.

CA Dream Act

The California Dream Act allows students who meet AB 540 criteria to apply for and receive state-funded financial aid such as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver, Cal Grant and Chafee Grant and EOPS assistance. 

California Chafee Grant

If you are or were in foster care and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5000 a year for career and technical training or college.  Y​ou don't have to pay this money back.  You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and rent while you're in school.  You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college​ or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states. More information can be found at Chaffee Grants.​



Apply online at  The FAFSA includes:

Board of Governors Fee Waiver

Pell Grant & FSEOG*

Work Study*

Direct Loans*

Cal Grant *​

CA Dream Act applicants must complete the CA Dream Act Application.  The CA Dream Act Application includes:

Board of Governors Fee Waiver

Cal Grant*


*Additional forms are required for this type of financial aid.

Step 2:

You will receive an email from FSA (Federal Student Aid) to confirm that your FAFSA was submitted and processed.​

FSA sends your FAFSA to EVC electronically 7-10 business days after your FAFSA is processed.

Step 3:

EVC will receives applications once per week.  When your application is received you will be awarded a fee waiver, if you are eligible.

Step 4:

You will receive a Financial Aid Status email from the EVC Financial Aid Office.  This email will tell you what additional requirements you need to complete, if any.

Step 5:

Complete the additional requirements indicated in your Financial Aid Status email.

Step 6:

If you are registered for classes and your are eligible for financial aid, you will receive your Refund Selection Kit regarding how you want your financial aid disbursed.​


​Office Hours

Extended Office Hours

01/22/18 - 2/2/​18

​Mon:   7:30am - 6:30pm
Tue:    7:30am - 6:30pm
Wed:   ​7:30am - ​6:30pm​
Thurs: 7:30am - 6:30pm
Fri:      8am - 4​pm


Student Center (SC)-123

Contact Us:​ ​​


Office: (408) 270-6460 

Fax: (408) 239-8802

Staff Directory ​

Federal School Code


Quick Links

FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

2017-18 Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application (English)​

​​CA Dream Act Application

myEVCcard (BankMobile)

Net Price Calculator​

EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College