The Student Success Ambassador Program (SSAP) at EVC seeks to support student success and promote EVC. SS Ambassadors serve as representatives of the Student Success Center and the college at large, working with faculty, staff, other students and members of the community to promote EVC academic programs, support services and (Student Success Center activities). They assist with recruitment, high-school visits, campus tours, special events, community service, and speaking engagements.
Call the New SSAP Hotline
Click here for answers to FAQ's
Keep in mind…This experience is great for college applications and resumes!
If you are interested in becoming a SS Ambassador, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a part-time job?
Become a Student Success Ambassador!
· Flexible schedules that work around your class schedule
· Convenient on-campus work locations
· Federal Work Study available
· Excellent work experience
· Looks great on a resume!
· Learn more about Student Success
· Bilingual Students are highly desirable
· Must be Registered at EVC for at least 6 units each Fall or Spring semester that they serve as a Student Ambassador
· Must maintain a Cumulative GPA of 2.0.
· Manage the Information Hub in the Student Success Center (SSC)
· Participate in all Student Success events as requested
· Assist with daily operations of SSC including providing support during orientations
· Serve as role models and peer mentors, educating students on various EVC programs and services
· Provide assistance with MyWeb registration & Ed. Plan navigation
· Days at the Green: A large annual event in which hundreds of high school students are oriented to the EVC campus, meet with a counselor to form an abbreviated Ed. Plan, and register for classes for the first time.
· Student Orientations: Throughout the year, orientations are held in which new students learn about EVC and register for their first semester of classes.
· Transfer Day: Students meet with college representatives in person to discuss their transfer options.
· Open House: Everyone is invited to come and visit EVC and learn about the various services and programs offered across campus.
· Know Your Steps: Students are invited to learn the step-by-step process required to maintain their priority registration through declaring a major and meeting with a counselor to develop a comprehensive Ed Plan.
· Spooktacular: A special Halloween event with games & entertainment promoting EVC Support & Special Programs.
Graduation: Students celebrate their achievements with friends and family
Locations AvailableOutreach:Outreach Ambassadors reach out to local high schools, support the Early Admissions Program, participate in the annual Days at the Green event, and assist at the Graduation ceremony.
Career & Transfer Center (CTC):The Career & Transfer Center supports new student orientations throughout the year and is open throughout the summer. The CTC also offers many events including Transfer Day, college visits, and many Student Success & Career Workshops.
Student Success Center (SSC):The Student Success Center consists of Assessment, Counseling, the CTC, Early Alert, Probation/Dismissal Program, and other Support & Special Academic programs. Student Ambassadors manage the Information Hub which is located at the front of the Student Success Center. Sudents may also be assigned to alternative locations in one of the many support programs that the Student Success Center provides.
Graphic Design Credits: Andres Paul Herrera, Joseph Martinez, Andrew Nguyen, Julie Vo (Photography)
Julie Vo, M.A. EducationProgram CoordinatorStudent Success Ambassador Program (SSAP)
Phone: (408) 270-6470Email: Julie.Vo@evc.edu
To speak to a Student Success Ambassador call the Information Hotline at:
Phone: (408) 274-7900 x6292Email: SSAP@evc.eduLocation: SC-250