6. Register for Classes
Students may register:
- Online at http://MyWeb.sjeccd.edu
- In person at the Office of Admissions and Records
What if I need help with registration?
For help with registering, first time students should see the MyWeb Instruction Worksheets for help in completing the registration process. Students should also be aware that many support services and special academic programs also provide assistance with registration; please see the Student Resource and Services section for more information on services provided by each program.
When can I register?
Registration dates can be found by checking the Academic Calendar. For specific date and time of your registration, refer to the registration information mailed to you as a continuing student or given to you as you applied to the college.
Before Classes Begin
Students may change their class schedule via MyWeb or in person at Admissions and Records, prior to the start of the semester if:
- The regular semester has not started.
- The class has seats available.
- And the class has no waiting list.
After Classes Begin
Students may petition a class during the first two weeks of the semester. To petition a class you must:
- Go to the class as soon as possible.
- Ask the instructor if you can add the class.
- Obtain add code from instructor.
- Process add code via MyWeb.
- If you experience problems with your add code, bring it to Admission and Records Office immediately for processing.
- No late adds for semester classes will be accepted after the second week of the semester. If extenuating circumstances exists, students are encouraged to obtain a LATE ADD PETITION from the respective division office.
You have until 11:00 PM on February 12, 2012 to add a regular 16 week course via MyWeb using the Add Code; after that, the authorization code is no longer valid.
Students cannot be added to a course if:
- They do not meet the prerequisite
- They have already completed the course, unless it is repeatable—see listing of courses under Repeating Classes
- They have a time conflict. For more information see Class Conflicts under Attendance
- They do not have a current application on file
- They have a hold for academic standing or fees owed
- They do not have high school approval (R-40)
- They are already enrolled in 18 units
- February 12, 2012 - 11:00 PM has elapsed for regular 16 week courses only
What if I have trouble registering?
If you’re having trouble registering for one of the reasons above, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 408.270.6441. If you are having problem accessing MyWeb, or are having problems with your password, contact the ITSS help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 408.270.6411.
When an option exists for receiving credit/no credit, students may request CR/NC in lieu of a letter grade. This request must be submitted to Admissions no later than the end of the 4th week of the term.
Once the request has been made, the student may not request that the CR/NC be converted to letter grade (Title 5, section 55752). Choosing CR/NC may adversely affect transfer and/or graduating with Honors Designation.