It’s Easy! Just Follow these Guidelines:
- Find out your Instructor’s Service-Learning requirements
- Visit the Center for Service-Learning & Public Service located at Roble Building RD-216
- Select an Agency
- Check class lists of approved sites OR
- Choose a site based on your major and career goals.
- Attend Agency Orientation
- Determine your availability before calling the agency.
- Bring your Service Agreement form to the appointment. Turn this form in with the site supervisor’s signature to the Center for S-L. Center.
- Clarify your volunteer assignment with the agency supervisor before leaving.
- Schedule a start date.
- Start Service and Record Hours
- Start service no later than the 4th week of the semester.
- Record your hours using the Service Log form. Check due date.
- Obtain supervisor’s signature and evaluation at the end of the service.
- Assume Responsibility
- Be on time!
- Report absences to agency supervisor.
- Complete your classroom reflection requirements and submit by instructor’s deadline.
- Submit all WHITE copies of forms to the Center for S-L by the deadline.
Tips: Be persistent!
Please understand that these community agencies are many times short-staffed.
When leaving a message, clearly state your name and phone number, that you are a Service-Learning student, what your orientation date is, your phone number, and the best time for someone to reach you.
If your call/email is not returned within 2 days, call again during business hours. If it is still not returned after 1 week, call the S-L Center at 408-223-6770.