What is Service-Learning | Getting Started | Safety Guidelines | Tips | Courses | Faculty | Forms | Community Partners | FAQ
- Obtain your agency’s safety guidelines.
- Tell someone your destination and time of return.
- When in doubt, ask for help from your supervisor or another staff member.
- Request an alternate service if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe with your current site.
- Plan for “what if’s” (what if car breaks down, what if I can’t find site address).
- Wear appropriate, easy to move in attire and sturdy shoes.
- Don’t engage in activities beyond your scope of course work or service agreement.
- Drive carefully; EVC is not liable for risks involved in getting to and from your service site
What Not To Do
- DON’T give a client a ride in your personal vehicle.
- DON’T give or loan clients money or other personal belongings.
- DON’T share too much personal information (home address, phone, etc).
- DON’T tolerate talk or behavior of sexual nature.
- DON’T engage in any type of business with clients during the term of your service.
- DON’T enter into a personal relationship with a client during your term of service.
- Protect yourself: carry your own health insurance.
- Evergreen Valley College does not cover student injuries.
If Something Happens…
- Stay calm.
- Contact your agency supervisor if you are injured, and inform the Center for Service-Learning and Public Service as well as your instructor.