Campus Tutoring Center
The Campus Tutoring Program provides free tutoring services and support in various subjects for registered EVC students. The Tutoring Program also recruits and trains new student tutors each semester, providing job opportunities for students during their academic time at EVC.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
(408)274-7900 ext. 6802
How do I register to useCampus Tutoring?
All students who are registered in courses at Evergreen Valley College are eligible to use Campus Tutoring. To use Tutoring, you need to come in and fill out an add form to be registered in a non-credit, no fee Individualized Instruction II210 course. You then use your Student ID number to log in and log out every time you are in Campus Tutoring. The last day to register for tutoring and/or other resource services at Campus Tutoring is the same day as the college’s “last day to drop with a W.” All services are free except for printing/copying.
- Tutoring is offered free on a drop-in, open-lab basis to registered EVC students only. Appointments are not necessary. Need Tutoring?
- Check the Tutors' Bulletin Board for subject availability and days/times offered. Subjects tutored include:
- Administration of Justice
- English as a Second Language
Drop-in ESL Conversation Groups are offered to provide second language students the opportunity to practice their listening and speaking skills in a relaxed, friendly environment.
Drop-in Grammar Review Workshops are offered weekly, providing students with the opportunity to practice basic grammar and writing skills.
Math and science tutoring is provided in the Math and Science Resource Center (MSRC), Room AD 141.
Requirements to become a tutor are:
- Must be currently registered for at least six units
- Must have earned an A or B in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Must obtain a letter of recommendation from a professor in the subject area (form included in position application packet)
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must provide identification and proof of eligibility to work
- Must register for and complete the II 90 Online Tutor Training Course (1 unit) which is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA)
New Tutors; must complete II 90 Tutor Training
Experienced Tutors, completed training
Experienced Tutors with earned degree
Tutor candidates should have an understanding of the role of a tutor and an enthusiasm for the program, a desire to help, a willingness to learn, and the ability to accept supervision.