Women’s Studies Mission Statement
The Women’s Studies Program at Evergreen Valley College is committed to preserving, expanding, and transmitting knowledge about women and gender. The program offers an academic curriculum informed by feminist theories, while providing students an opportunity to:
- Examine the role of gender in social institutions, in forming identity, and in developing knowledge
- Study and appreciate the intellectual, artistic, material, and spiritual contributions of women globally and throughout history
- Explore physical and mental health and wellness issues of particular importance to women
The Women’s Studies Department provides courses from a variety of disciplines leading to an Associate of Arts degree with a concentration in Women’s Studies. The program promotes a learning model and a safe environment where students are encouraged to think critically, collaborate, and problem solve.
Members are committed to social justice and equity, striving to provide a campus environment free of sexism, racism, damaging stereotypes, and other forms of discriminatory treatment.
- The State of Women and Girls in Santa Clara County 2012
- AAUW's Women In Community Colleges: Access to Success
- Falling Behind: The Impact of the Great Recession And The Budget Crisis on California’s Women and Their Families
- Women In America