Veterans Freedom Center

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Welcome to Veterans Freedom Center! ​​

Hear stories of recovery from Veterans like you.  "Make the Connection​"​

Hundreds of Veteran Stories of transition and the resources nearest you.

Veterans Day Event Pictures



​​​​ Organization Chart​

​Our school is approved to enroll veterans by the Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education. Eligible veterans may receive benefits while pursuing a college deg​ree​ or certificate.

To receive Veterans Benefits, all Veteran Students are required to have an Educational Plan (Ed Plan) created and approved by a Veterans Counselor (per Veterans Administration Policy).

Effective, January 1, 2008 members of the armed forces in active duty and former members separated from active duty within the last two years, are granted priority registration, along with EOP&S students and students with disabilities.

​​​New Students

  1. ​​​Apply online or in-person​
  2. ​Take Placement Test or Multiple Measures *
  3. Online Orientation​
  4. ​Schedule appointment with Veteran Counselor
  5. Register for classes

Note: The deadline date for a complete Veteran file to the certifying official is August 1st.* Multiple Measures - Provide high school transcript for multiple measures assessment (placement) by the college counselor. Growing evidence indicates that school transcripts and non-cognitive variables greatly improve the accuracy of the initial placement process. Students are encouraged to utilize their high school transcript in lieu of taking the placement test when completing the matriculation process. ​​To schedule a multiple measures assessment with a counselor, please call (408)223-6789.​

Returning and Transfer​ Students:

To take advantage of your Veteran​s Education Benefits, initiate your Veterans Benefit by following the Veterans Benefit Certification Instructions. ​​

​Continuing Veteran Students (enrolled at EVC last semester) Procedure:

  1. Follow your Ed Plan - take classes that had been approved by the Veterans​​ Counselor.
  2. Complete Class Certification Form each semester you are taking classes at EVC and submit it in accordance with your approved education plan to the Office of Admissions & Records.

Veteran Dependent Students Procedure:

Please follow the steps in Veterans Benefit Certification Instructions ​​ EXCEPT Step #4(A) - the DD-214- the Proof of Service  is not required.​​

Veteran​ Students Eligible For AB13 (VACA) Non-Resident Tuition Exemption IF

Physically in California

Within 3 years of discharge date

Active duty of at least 90 days

Spouse/child of eligible  member who transferred benefits

Eligible to use one of the following

"John David Fry" scholarship

Montgomery GI Bill® * -Active Duty​

Post 9/11 GI Bill® * (Chapters 30 or 33)

May continue to benefit after 3 years of discharge is up if student is continuously enrolled​​

* GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College