A Student Education Plan (SEP) is one of the most valuable tools for student success. It is a personalized semester by semester outline of all the courses you need to take in order to reach your educational goals.
Students can create an SEP on their own through MyWeb, by enrolling in COUNS-013 Career Planning or during a 60-minute Counseling appointment.
1. Abbreviated Student Education PlanOutlines courses for one or two terms for New and Returning Students. Students should meet with a counselor to ensure that they enroll in appropriate level courses.
2. Comprehensive Student Education Plan Outlines all the courses you need to obtain a Certificate, Associate Degree or transfer to a four year college or university.
Students who have completed 15 units at SJECCD must complete a Comprehensive Ed Plan in order to maintain priority registration.
Tips For Creating an Ed Plan
1. If you haven't declared a major, visit EVC Career Services to take self assessment inventories and to explore career tools.
2. Review the AA/AS and CSU/UC General Education Patterns.
3. Visit ASSIST.org to identify lower division major requirements for CSU and UC majors.
4. Review EVC AA/AS/ADT Degrees
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 3:00pm
Student Services Center
Phone: 408- 270-6475
Campus Map (PDF)