International Students

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Welcome to evergreen Valley college!  What do we have to offer?

​​Organization Chart ​

EVC International Student Program (ISP) personnel looks forward to guiding you on your educational journey here in Silicon Valley!  Our school is proud participant of #YouAreWelcomeHere​ campaign. 

Click here for a brief info on the program estimated expenses and application dates​​ ​​​

Applic​ation  must incl​ude:

  1. International Student Program (ISP) application

  2. EVC College Application - PDF form​ Note: all requested information must be filled out completely and a U.S. address must be provided for SEVIS as required by USCIS.

  3. Two colored photos (passport type)

  4.  Transcripts from your high school/colleges

  5. English Proficiency Test reports  (Might be sent directly by testing agency. School code:4273)

-  TOEFL iBT: Minimum score based on test type: 500 paper based exam; 173 -  computer based exam; 61 -  internet based exam 
-  IELTS:  6.0 +
-  iTEP Academic: 3.7 +
-  Cambridge English:Level B2: First (FCE) or Advanced (CPE): 175 +
-  PTE(Pearson Test of English): 42 + 

 * If applicant has completed degree applicable courses in English with a grade of “C” or better (at an accredited U.S. college/university), the English Proficiency requirement may be waived.

  1. Original bank verification (signed by certifying official) with a minimum balance of $22,000 (U.S. currency) from parent/sponsor dated within 6 months of application date.

  2. Letter of Financial support /Affidavit of Support Form​   from parents or a sponsor.

  3. Copy of passport's biographical info page.

Tra​nsfer stude​nts should ALSO submit :

 9.  A copy of your current visa (in your passport).

10. I-94 form (a card or print out).

11. Copy of your Form I-20.

12. Transcripts from your school.

13.  SEVIS TRANSFER Form from your current school (may be provided upon acceptance)​.

Program FAQs


Questions and Answers

Do You Provide On Campus Housing?

No. If you need to find a housing close to EVC you may contact International Student Placements company andapply for College Homestay program OR search for a local housing rental options using websites such as Craigslist 


Is TOEFL test Mandatory?

Yes.  We require a TOEFL score of 173 for computer based exam, 61 for Internet based exam, or 500 for paper based exam. The only other test of English proficiency we accept is IELTS.  

What If I Cannot Take the TOEFL?
For admission to EVC ISP we  also accept following English proficiency tests'
reports:IELTS test: 6.0 or above iTEP Academic: 3.7 or above Cambridge English: 175 or above PTE: 42 or above
Can I Apply and Send TOEFL/IELTS Scores Later?
 Yes.  But we cannot fully admit you or issue your I-20 until we have your English proficiency test results on file. 

What Are Your School Code to forward TOEFL or IELTS report?
Our school code is 4273. 

Can I Use Something Besides TOEFL or IELTS?
No.  These are the only two tests of English proficiency we use at this time. 

Can I Submit Transcripts from Out of the U.S?
No. We do not evaluate foreign transcripts for credits or to replace coursework at our college. 

Can I Transfer to EVC if I Am Already in the U.S.? 
Yes. Transfer students must have transcripts mailed or emailed as PDF files.  You must be in good academic standing at your current institution with your visa in status.  

When Do I Receive My I-20?
 After your former school "transfers out" your SEVIS record. (Your school official must receive an acceptance letter to EVC first)

What Kind of Visa will I need to study at EVC?
If admitted, EVC will issue the I-20, Certificate for Eligibility for Non Immigrant Student Status.  You must apply for F-1 student visa with your local U.S. Consulate. After you pass the visa interview,  F-1 visa will be issued and marked in your passport.

Why Do I Need a TB Test?
A TB (Tuberculin Skin Test) is not required for EVC admission.

How Can I Verify Financial Support? 
You may use our Letter of Financial Support that will be stamped by your bank or you may provide us with an official letter on bank letterhead verifying funds. 

Can I Have Funds From Multiple Sources?
Yes.  You may have funds from more than one source.  All documentation needs to state how each person is related to you and will provide for your financial needs while in the U.S. 

When Do You Admit Students?
We admit students for our fall and spring semesters only.

Do You Have an ESL Language School On Your Campus? 
At this time we do not have a language school or ESL Center.  Students who arrive should be proficient in English (see TOEFL, IETLS, Cambridge English, iTEP, PET admission requirements).

Working and Internships

Can I Work While I Study at EVC?Yes, but you have to get an authorization from EVC ISP personnel first.

 Do You Accept Terminated Students?
EVC does not accept terminated or dismissed students from another institutions.

Courses and Units

Can I Take Online Courses?
After one year of academic study you may take some online courses.  Subject to approval from International Student Program.

How Many Units Do I Need to 
Take?In order to be in good status with your F-1 visa, you must enroll in and complete 12 units in the fall and spring semesters.  Completing a course means passing the course with a "C" or better grade.  You are not required to take courses in summer or winter intersession/short semester.  All coursework must be completed at EVC unless you have prior authorization from International Student Program.

Tuition Payment

How Do I Pay for EVC classes?EVC accepts payments made by credit card, money order, or cash.  No personal checks can be accepted.  Students must pay tuition or may be dropped from their courses, resulting in notification to the USCIS. 

Health Insurance

How Do I Get Health Insurance?Medical Insurance coverage for EVC International students is mandatory to purchase from the school. The cost of coverage is included into students' school tuition for spring and fall semester.



​Contact Info:​​​

International Student Program (ISP)
Student Center,Room SC214B
MTWTh 8-5pm; F 9-4:30

Phone: 408 223 6740

Clubs' FB page​​ ISA Facebook Logo

​​​​​ ​​​

Fall 2020Application period starts on March 15th, 2020

Resources for F-1 Students:

EVC Supporting Page
Evergreen Valley College