The Department of Theatre Arts offers courses in Acting, Improvisation, Theatre History, Theatres of Diversity, Dance, Film, Screenwriting, and Studio Theatre Production. Theatre students learn how to act and interact freely and spontaneously, develop strong focus and concentration, work cooperatively with scene partners and in groups, and express themselves with clarity and confidence. Each semester students get the opportunity to act in a fully staged theatre production.
All professions, whether in the arts or business sectors, benefit from a creative, imaginative, innovative, and articulate workforce. We can help you to acquire these skills in the Theatre Arts Department.
View our course descriptions.
Theatre Arts Careers
Careers directly and indirectly related to study of Theatre Arts:
- Acting – film, T.V., theatre, voice-over, print, modeling, commercials
- Dancing – classical, jazz, modern
- Directing – theatre, film, T.V., commercials
- Writing – film , theatre, T.V., commercials
- Teaching – elementary to college level and training conservatories
- Stage Management – theatre (transferable skills to film and T.V.)
- Costume and Garment Design
- Set Design
- Lighting Design
- Sound Design
- Architecture / location design and planning
- Theatre Management – creative management skills
- Managing Director – creative and financial background
- Publicity Director
Tools & Resources