First Year Experience (FYE) Program is a specially designed program to provide extra services and resources specifically tailored to first-time college freshmen with an emphasis on serving first-generation students at Evergreen Valley College.
- Be a spring high school graduate, enrolling at EVC in fall directly following graduation
- Be a first-time college student
- Enroll in at least 12 units at EVC per semester
- Apply to FAFSA or CA Dream Act /CPG Application
- Must be a California resident
- California Promise Grant Recipient
Benefits of participating.
- Free Tuition via the College Promise Grant
- $500 First Year Experience Grant
- Priority registration
- Enrollment in special programs
- Access to EVC free Textbook Lending Library (through special programs)
- Academic counseling support
- Access to free and fun events, performances, lectures, films, and more
Location & Office Hours
The First Stop Center is located in the Admissions and Records Building (A&R).
Monday to Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm
Friday: 9 am to 1 pm
Closed on weekends and holidays
First Stop Center and First Year Experience Program Coordinator