Welcome to The Campus Tutoring Program at EVC!
The EVC tutoring center provides free tutoring services and support in various subjects for registered EVC students. The tutoring program also recruits and trains new student tutors each semester, providing job opportunities for students during their academic time at EVC. Tutoring is available on a drop-in, open-lab basis and appointments are not necessary.
Two Free Tutoring Options for EVC students:
- EVC Student Tutors on campus (non-math and science), Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in LE-237 (Library Building)
Spring 2024 Tutoring Schedule
- EVC Student Tutors on campus (math and science), Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in MSRC in MS-112 (MS3 Math Building)
Spring 2024 Tutoring Schedule
- NetTutor Online Tutoring, 24 hours a day/7 days a week (all subjects + Paper Drop-Off)
- When EVC tutoring is closed, or a tutor is unavailable for a subject, EVC students can access NetTutor by logging into the Canvas course they need tutoring for.
- Click on Pisces/NetTutor Online Tutoring on the Canvas left hand navigation.
- Click on NetTutor to see all the subjects tutored.
- Then click on the subject you need help with to see the drop-in schedule for that subject.
- Please also note the Writing and Paper Center (Drop Off Papers Here) option located at the bottom of the Subjects page if you wish to drop off a paper for feedback.
- Watch the brief NetTutor YouTube link (click on CC for captions): https://youtu.be/VlrPU34FzuY
How do I register to use Campus Tutoring?
All students who are registered in courses at Evergreen Valley College are eligible for free tutoring. Simply use Self-Service to add an II 210 Supervised Tutoring section. Tutors can assist you in adding this non-credit, no fee Individualized Instruction II 210 course. You then use your Student ID number to log in and log out whenever you receive tutoring. The last day to register for tutoring and/or other resource services is the same day as the college's "last day to drop with a W."
Additional Tutoring Information:
- Math and Science tutoring is provided in the Math and Science Resource Center (MSRC), Room SA-112.
- Check the Tutors' Bulletin Board for subject availability, days/times offered, and locations. Subjects tutored vary each semester depending on tutor availability but include:
- ESL Conversation Practice is offered to provide second language students the opportunity to practice their listening and speaking skills in a relaxed, friendly environment.
- Drop-in Grammar Review Workshops are also offered weekly, providing students with the opportunity to practice basic grammar and writing skills.
Instructor Referral form (for EVC instructors only)
Are you interested in becoming a tutor? Here are the benefits:
- Help others
- Enhance your knowledge of the subject
- Develop and improve your communication skills
- Gain insights into teaching as a career
- Gain experience in a leadership role
- Work on campus (flexible schedule)
Requirements to become a tutor are:
- Must be currently registered for at least six units
- Must have earned an A or B in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Must obtain a letter of recommendation from a professor in the subject area (form included in position application packet)
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must provide identification and proof of eligibility to work
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must contact Tutoring Coordinator for an interview BEFORE the semester begins
Math ＆ Science Resource Center (MSRC)
Who is eligible to use the MSRC?
All students who are currently registered in an Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Math, or Physics course at EVC are eligible to use the MSRC
How do I register to use the MSRC?
Prior to attend the MSRC for the first time each semester, a student needs to register to one of the MSRC's II-210 Individualized Instruction - Supervised Tutoring sections (designated with Room # SA 112). These sections are found in the Schedule of Classes.
- Student tutor
Math and Science Resource and Tutoring Subjects
Types of Services
- Drop-In Tutoring
- Individual/Group Study
- Instructor Office Hours
- Student Computers for Math/Science Class-related use
- Current Math and Science Textbook for Temporary use
- In-Class Supplemental Instruction
- Student Printing and Copying
For more information about the EVC Math and Science Resource Center, please call (408)274-7900, extension 6883, or by emailing Bryan.Pham@evc.edu
Campus Tutoring Center
Academic Skills and Tutoring Instructor
(408) 274-7900 ext. 6802
LE-237 (All Subjects except Math and Science) and
Mon - Thurs: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am – 1pm
MS3 Building - Room MS 112
Mon - Thurs: 9am - 6pm
Friday: 9am – 1pm