Sexual Misconduct & Title IX
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​TITLE IX - A STUDENT'S RIGHT TO KNOW

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted or are in immediate danger, call 911 and/or Campus Police immediately at 

What To Do If You Have Been Sexually Assaulted

​ If you have been sexually harassed, physically or verbally assaulted the College urges to report the incident to the Vice President of Student Affairs/Title IX Coordinator or to District Police. Please click here to file a Title IX Incident Report

  2. After an assault has occurredGO TO A SAFE PLACE. Seek a friend or a trusted person on campus to be with you for moral support.  You can also go to the home of a friend or a family member, or any place where you can find physical safety and receive emotional support.  The Student Health Center on each campus is a safe and confidential place to report.
  3. Report the attack to law enforcement immediately. If the assault occurs on campus, we urge you to contact:

​​San Jose-Evergreen Community College District (SJECCD) Police (408) 270-6468 from your cell phone or dial extension 6468 from any campus phone (If​​ you have experienced or have witnessed sexual assault, harassment, or violence on campus, you may remain anonymous when calling 911 or the SJECCD District Police by identifying the call as a SaVe Act call instead of giving your name); 

​or ​

Evergreen Valley College Vice President of Student Affairs/Title IX Coordinator: Howard Willis

Location: Student Center Building (SC), Room 205 Telephone: (408) 223-6749 ​


S​eek medical care as soon as possible​.​ Even if you do not have any visible physical injuries, you may be at risk of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease (women may also be at risk for pregnancy). We encourage you to go to the Student Health Center for medical, counseling services and/or contact any of the following health referral services: p

S​​ART - Sexual Assault Response Team. 408-885-6466, 751 Bascom Avenue, Building H12, San Jose, Ca. 95128;

YW​​CA Valley Rape Crisis Center/ YWCA of Silicon Valley, (408) 287-3000 (24-hr hotline) or (650) 493-7273

Silicon Valley Faces (408) 286-9663 and Victim Witness Assistance program (408) 295-2656, 777 N. First Street, Suite 220, San Jose, ca. 95112

  • Preserve all evidence of the attack.​​​
    • Do not bathe, wash your hands, brush your teeth, eat, or smoke.
    • Do not clean or straighten up or remove anything if you are still at the location in which the crime occurred.
    • Write down all the details you can recall about the attack and the perpetrator.

    The Title IX Team

    Title IX Coordinator  

    EVC Position: Vice President of Student Affairs 

    Name: Howard Willis      

    Phone Number: 408-223-6749


    EVC Position: Director of Student Development   

    Name: Raniyah​​ Johnson​  

    Phone Number: 408-223-6768

    EVC Position: Student Health Center Coordinator  

    Name: Janice Assadi 

    Phone Number: 408-270-6480

    EVC Position: Crisis Case Manager             

    Name: Kara Uy Has

    Phone Number: 408-531-6120

    SJECCD Police Department    

    Name: Lt. Michael Dziuba  

    Phone: (408) 531-6176

    Title IX Trainings for Title IX Personnel

    Title IX Trainings List for Title IX Personnel

    San Jose‐Evergreen Community College District | October 29, 2021
    Presented By: Eileen O’Hare‐Anderson and Monica M. Espejo

    San Jose‐Evergreen Community College District | November 5, 2021
    Presented By: Eileen O’Hare‐Anderson & Monica M. Espejo 

    Title IX Training Series: Part 3
    San Jose Evergreen Community College District | November 11, 2021 
    Presented By: Eileen O’Hare‐Anderson & Monica M. Espejo 

    When Should I ​Report A Complaint?

    Sexual discrimination, harassment, assault, misconduct or violence can take many forms, including any sexual conduct that lacks mutual consent.  Harassment may take the form of stalking or the distribution, display or discussion of any written, graphic, visual or auditory material that is sexual in nature and has the purpose or effect of threatening, intimidating or interfering with a person's ability to study or work.  All such behaviors should be reported immediately.

    San Jose-Evergreen Community College District, San Jose City College, and Evergreen Valley College are committed to ensuring a community that is safe for all who study, live, work and visit here.  Immediate notification of an issue is critical to fulfilling our commitment to you.  We understand that sexual discrimination, harassment, assault, misconduct or violence may be difficult to report but immediate reporting allows for the best possible efforts to support victims and to investigate and address the report.

    Retaliation against anyone who reports in good faith or participates in the investigative process is prohibited and may be subject to sanctions as determined by the College.​

    What Happens​ When I Report A Complaint To District/Campus Police? 

    When the incident is reported to Campus Police, the following can occur:

    • The police will investigate and cooperate with the local police, District attorney, and other appropriate agencies, if the severity of the incident warrants such interactions.
    • As a current student, the police also will report the incident to the College Title IX Coordinator and the Vice President of Student Affairs (VPSA).
    • The Title IX Coordinator will provide you with referral information to appropriate support services and resources.  You will be asked if you would like to file a formal complaint.  If you make the decision to formally file a complaint, the Title IX Coordinator will provide you with the San Jose Evergreen Community College District Formal Discrimination Complaint Form.  He or she can assist you in completing the form if you prefer.
    • If another student is involved, the VPSA or designee, who is usually the Director of Student Life or the Director of Student Development & Activities, will follow appropriate disciplinary procedures.  Should a staff or faculty member be involved in the complaint, the Vice-Chancellor of Human Resources will be contacted.​

    If I D​O Not Report To The District Police, To Whom Do I Report A Complaint?

    Complaints of sexual discrimination, misconduct or harassment should be filed with:

    1. SJCC's Title IX Coordinator, William Garcia, at  (408) 288-3146 or email at 

    2. EVC's Title IX Coordinator, Howard Willis, at (408) 223-6749 or email at

    When the​ incident is reported to staff (faculty, staff or administrator), the staff member will complete the Title IX Incident Report Form and send it to the Title IX Coordinator.  The Title IX Coordinator will then contact you and schedule a meeting.

    ​​Campus Accommodations For Campus Sexual Assault Victims

    Victims of sexual assault will have the right to:

    • Reasonable changes to the academic and living situations
    • Referrals to counseling & assistance in notifying law enforcement
    • Same opportunity as accused to have others present at disciplinary hearing
    • Unconditional notification of outcomes of hearing, sanctions and terms of sanctions in place
    • Opportunities and assistance to speak (or choose not to speak) to anyone regarding the outcome
    • Name and identifying information kept confidential (FERPA).​​
    EVC Supporting Page
    Evergreen Valley College