Apply for Spring 23

Classes will start on January 29, 2023

Welcome to EVC.

EVC International Student Program (ISP) personnel looks forward to guiding you on your educational journey here in Silicon Valley!  Our school is proud participant of #YouAreWelcomeHere​ campaign

View a brief info on the program estimated expenses and application dates​​ 

Frankie and Tommie holding an award

List of Application Documents.

  1. International Student Program (ISP) application
  2. EVC College Application - PDF fillable form FYI: all requested information must be filled out completely 
  3. Two colored photos (passport type)
  4. Official Transcripts from your high school/colleges
  5. English Proficiency (Test reports might be sent directly by testing agency. School code:4273)
    • TOEFL iBT: Minimum score based on test type: 500 -  paper based exam; 173 -  computer based exam; 61 -  internet based exam 
    • IELTS:  6.0 +
    • iTEP Academic: 3.7 +
    • Cambridge English:Level B2: First (FCE) or Advanced (CPE): 175 +
    • PTE(Pearson Test of English): 42 + DUOLINGO English Test: 90+
    •  * If applicant has completed degree applicable courses in English with a grade of “C” or better (at an accredited U.S. college/university), the English Proficiency requirement may be waived
  6. Original bank verification (signed by certifying official) with a minimum balance of $22,000 (U.S. currency) from parent/sponsor dated within 6 months of application date
  7. Letter of Financial support /Affidavit of Support Form from parents or a sponsor
  8. Copy of passport's biographical info page

Transfer In students should ALSO submit

  1.  A copy of your current visa. 
  2. I-94 card or form.
  3. Copy of your Form I-20. 12.  Transcripts from your school. 13. SEVIS TRANSFER Form from your current school (may be provided upon acceptance)​.

Why Should You Come to EVC?


  1. EVC ranks No.1 in California and No.2 among all public colleges in the U.S.A. when it comes to how much  its graduates are earning at the midpoint of their careers. (Per PayScale College Salary Report 2018-19).
  2. To save a lot of money on school tuition by following  2+2 Plan.
  3. To prepare for your career by pursuing an EVC degree.
  4. To get personal attention, help and support with each step on your educational path .
  5. see below :)

How to get  4-year Baccalaureate Degree?

  1. Path 1: (2+2 Plan) 2 years at Community College, transfer to University, 2 years at University (Junior and Senior)
  2. Path 2: (4 Year University Plan) University: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior

Frequently Asked Questions


Is TOEFL Mandatory?
Yes. We require a TOEFL score of 173 for computer based exam, 61 for Internet based exam, or 500 for paper based exam. 

What If  I Cannot Take the TOEFL?
We will accept the IELTS, iTEP Academic, Cambridge English, or PTE test results. For a minimum score please see above. 

Can I Apply and Send English Proficiency Test Scores Later?
No. But we cannot fully admit you or issue your I-20 until we have your test scores report on file. 

What Are Your School Code to forward TOEFL or IELTS report?
Our school code is 4273. 

Can I Submit Transcripts from Out of the U.S?
Yes, But we do not evaluate foreign transcripts for credits or to replace coursework at our college. Please see Foreign Evaluations & Coursework 

Can I Transfer to EVC if  I Am Already in the U.S.?
Yes. Transfer students must have official transcripts mailed to the International Student Program Department. We will verify your enrollment. You must be in good standing at your current institution with your visa in status. You also must fill out a Transfer Authorization Letter.

When Do I Receive My I-20?
After your former school "transfers out" your SEVIS record. (Your school official must receive an acceptance letter to EVC first)

What Kind of  Visa will I get?
If admitted, EVC will issue the I-20, Certificate for Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status form. The U.S. Consulate will issue the F-1 visa after you pass a visa interview.

How Can I Verify Financial Support? 
You may use our Letter of Financial Support that will be stamped by your bank or you may provide us with an official letter on bank letterhead verifying funds. 

Can I Have Funds From Multiple Sources?
Yes. You may have funds from more than one source. All documentation needs to state how each person is related to you and will provide for your financial needs while in the U.S. 

When Do You Admit Students?
We admit students for our fall and spring semesters only.

Do You Have an ESL Language School On Your Campus? 
At this time we do not have a language school or ESL Center. Students who arrive should be proficient in English (see TOEFL and IELTS requirement)

Working and Internships

Can I Work While I Study at EVC?
Yes, you can start working on campus after studying 2 consecutive semesters at EVC. However; you will need an authorization from EVC International Student Program to apply for a taxpayer id. 

Visa Status

Do You Accept Terminated Students?
EVC does not accept terminated or dismissed students from another institution. 

When Do I Need to Change My I-20?
An International student must inform International Programs & Services whenever he/she: moves, changes name, drops below 12 units, wishes to travel outside the continental U.S. or otherwise fails to uphold the regulations dictated by law. Failure to do so may jeopardize the student's visa status in the United States.

What If  I Have Visa Questions?
We are here to help you. However; the international students must be familiar with and adhere to Immigration regulations, EVC student conduct, and enrollment requirements.

Courses and Units

Can I Take Online Courses?
After one year of academic study you may take one online course per semester. Subject to approval from International Student Program.

How Many Units Do I Need to Take?
In order to be in good status with your F-1 visa, you must enroll in and complete 12 units in the fall and spring semesters. Completing a course means passing the course with a "C" or better grade. You are not required to take courses in summer or winter intersession/short semester. All coursework must be completed at EVC unless you have prior authorization from International Student Program.

Tuition Payment

How Do I Pay for EVC classes?
EVC accepts payments made by credit card, money order, or cash. No personal checks can be accepted. Students must pay tuition or may be dropped from their courses, resulting in notification to the USCIS. 

Health Insurance

How Do I Get Health Insurance?
The medical insurance coverage is mandatory to purchase from the school. The cost of insurance is added to a semester class fees


Mon-Fri:  8-5pm;
Student Center, Room SC214B
Phone: 408 223 6740

For information and to request a Zoom meeting, please email at

Clubs' FB page​​ 
EVC International Students FB page

Process & Acceptable Evaluation Agencies

​​​Maintaining F-1 Status Reminder
Consequences of Drug Charges for International Students