The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer (AA-T) degree prepares students for transfer to California State Universities (CSUs). Students who complete the Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer degree earn preferential transfer status to CSUs for theatre arts majors and related disciplines. The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer degree introduces students to theatre history, play analysis, acting, design and theatre production. Classes provide opportunities for students to explore a range of dramatic texts, create original dramatic work, and write critically about theater. Students gain practical experience as they collaborate on live productions as actors, designers and technical crew members. This curriculum specifically prepares the prospective transfer student for upper division coursework in Theatre at a California State University (CSU) campus. Students leave the program confident in the basic language and practice of theater: prepared to learn, create and collaborate in academic and professional contexts.


To be awarded the Associate Degree for Transfer, students must have the following:

  • Completion of 60 CSU transferable semester units.
  • A minimum of at least 2.0 GPA in CSU transferable courses (note that a higher GPA may be required in some institutions).
  • Completion of at least 18 semester units in the major with a grade of “C” or better. A “P” (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
  • Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements, or completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) for CSU requirements.

Please Note: No more than 60 semester units are required for this degree and no additional requirements will be imposed by Evergreen Valley College.

What is a Program Map?

A program map is a suggested semester-by-semester plan to help you complete the courses required for a particular degree or certificate. It is based on the major sheet for the particular degree or certificate you are interested in. It includes courses required for the major, general education and any necessary electives. 

A program map is a representation of the major sheet. It includes the specific specialty courses in a major, general education courses and any necessary electives. 

What is a Major Sheet?

A major sheet includes a description of the program you are interested in, what you can expect to learn once you have completed the program (Program Learning Outcomes) and the specific specialty courses you will need to complete within a major.