SLOs identify the knowledge, skills and attitudes that students will be able to demonstrate as a result of their engagement in a particular course, program and collegiate experiences at Evergreen Valley College. All SLOs need to be assessed within a 2-year cycle for academic and Career Technical Education courses (based on program review requirements). Course level SLOs are available through course syllabi and the official course outline of record (curriQunet). Program level SLOs are listed under "degrees and certificates" in the catalog.
Institutional/General Education Learning Outcomes (ILOs).
ILOs are knowledge, skills and abilities a student is expected to leave an institution with as a result of a student's total experience. The faculty and staff at Evergreen Valley College believe that General Education (GE) Outcomes represent a common core of outcomes for the majority of students transferring or receiving degrees; therefore, Evergreen created ILOs encompassing GE components, as well as student support service areas. (ILO's defined)
Upon completion of study at Evergreen Valley College…
- The student will demonstrate effective communication, appropriate to audience and purpose.
Inquiry and Reasoning
- The student will critically evaluate information to interpret ideas and solve problems.
- The student will utilize information from a variety of sources to make an informed decision and take action.
- The student will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with people of diverse backgrounds and effectively function in group decision making.
- The student will demonstrate growth and self-management to promote life-long learning and personal well-being.
Zoom drop-in hours
1st and 3rd Fridays:
12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Resources to complete EVC Program SLO Assessment Matrix Video
- SLO Assessment and Rubrics
- March 2012 PDD SLO Assessment Presentation
- March 2012 PDD SLO Assessment Cycle - Instructional Breakout Session
- Post PDD session 3: Data Analysis video
- Academic Senate Resolution on Curriculum Revision/SLO
- New or Revised Course Proposal Form including SLO
- SLO Assessment Update PDD 8-30-12
- PLO Assessment PDD Presentation
- SLO Assessment and Program Review Presentation - 11/14/12
- Spring PDD, April 12, 2013
- National Best Practices for Assessment
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) Assessment.
The purpose of the Student Learning Outcome Assessment Committee (SLOAC) is to oversee and guide the college process for writing/incorporating SLOs and assessment across the curriculum and programs. The committee shapes the college's approach to assessment by providing a common assessment language through SLO Assessment Plans and the standardized assessment reporting templates. The committee strives to support a campus culture of assessment by encouraging assessment dialogue and sharing best practices to improve student learning and integrate results into college planning.Committee Charge