We know that the enrollment fee is only part of the expenses that you incur. This worksheet has been created so you can have full transparency of all potential costs and expenses and so you can plan accordingly. We also strongly encourage you to connect with Financial Aid to make sure you are exploring all avenues for financial aid and support to help cover your expenses and costs.

All campus fees are payable according to the deadlines published in the Schedule of Classes. No deferred or partial payments are allowed. Payment may be made by cash, check, traveler's check, money order or Visa/Master Charge card. Personal checks are not accepted for foreign or nonresident tuition and fees. A $10.00 charge is made for each returned check.

Students sitting in front of the Gym

Fees at a Glance

Fee Type Amount
Enrollment Fees (CA Residents) $46 Per Unit
Tuition (Nonresident/International Students) - Effective Fall 2024 $423/Unit ($377 + $46)
Health Services Fee $21 Per Semester
ASG Student Activity Fee $5 Per Semester
Student Representation Fee $2 Per Semester
Student ID Card Replacement Fee $7 (non refundable)
VTA EcoPass Fee
  • $6.50 - Students enrolled in 5 or less units
  • $11.00 - Students enrolled in 6 or more units
  • $5 - Replacement Card Fee ( As of March 1st, 2023)
Parking Permits & Fees

Spring/Fall Semester Parking Fees:

  • $45 - Automobiles 
  • $35 - Carpool
  • $25 - BOGFW recipients
  • $15 - Motorcycle 
  • $3 -   Day Permit

Summer Semester Parking Fees:

  • $10 – Automobiles
  • $5 - Motorcycles
  • $3 - Day Permit
Class Material Fees Varies per class - Check the Schedule of Classes


Enrollment Fees 

All information relative to enrollment fees is subject to change as mandated by the California Community College Board of Governors and California law.

All students are required to pay enrollment fees at the time of registration.

The State legislature determines enrollment fees. The current rate is $46 per semester unit.

Students may be eligible for a Waiver of Enrollment Fees if they are on Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), Supplemental Social Security (SSI), General Assistance, or if their total income and number of dependents meet specific criteria; or they have demonstrated need indicated on their financial aid application (See Financial Aid web page for Fee Waiver Application).

Health Services Fees 

The District provides a health program to assist students in health matters.

The Health Services fee is $21.00* per semester and is payable at the time of registration, unless the student is eligible for the BOGW Fee Waiver. The fee is nonrefundable unless the student withdraws from all classes prior to the end of the 10th day of the term, or the District cancels all of the student's classes. See Schedule for approved exemptions.

* Fees are subject to change.

On September 9, 2008, the District's Board of Trustees approved the elimination of the Board of Governor's fee waiver (BOGFW) for the student health fee. Recent years have seen a substantial increase in costs associated with providing student health services.​

The following exceptions to paying the Health Fee have not changed:

  • Concurrently enrolled high school students with an approved R-40 form on file
  • Indentured apprentices fulfilling related instruction requirements (with proper documentation required)
  • Students who are dependent exclusively upon prayer for healing, in accordance with teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization (proper documentation required)
  • Students enrolled only for classes meeting off campus
  • Students taking Friday evening, Saturday, or Sunday classes only
  • Students taking only short-term classes which meet on campus seven times or less

Student ID Card Replacement Fee

Student Identification Cards are issued free at the time of registration in the Admissions & Records Office. The ID cards are used to access the College Library, Health Center, and other services. The ASB is also placed on the ID card for access to special AS services and discounts. Replacement photo ID cards cost $7 (non-refundable). If the student has registered for classes, the Student ID may be picked up at Admissions & Records. 

VTA EcoPass Fee 

Each student enrolled at Evergreen Valley College is automatically entitled to a VTA EcoPass:

  • $6.50 - Students enrolled in 5 or less units
  • $11.00 - Students enrolled in 6 or more units
  • $5 - Replacement Card Fee ( As of March 1st, 2023)

ASG Student Activity Fee 

Associated Students Government (ASG) stickers are required of students who participate in ASG related activities and who use the Student Accounts Office for loans or scholarships, intercollegiate athletes and all officers of clubs and organizations. This money is used in support of various ASG sponsored activities such as: emergency funds, book loans, athletics, recreation, and community and social welfare. This activity program is a college-wide enterprise. Its operation is not only of direct benefit to each student; it also furnishes an organized representation for all students in various college and community affairs and activities.

Students will be billed a $5 activities fee and issued an ASG sticker to be affixed to their student ID card. Students may request to opt-out by contacting the Director of Student Activities & Development.

Student Representation Fee 

The Student Representation Fee is a $2 fee collected at registration.

To decline Charges for the Student Representation Fee, student must submit a request via Self-Service before the term fees refund deadline. Please check the instructions below: 

AB1504 (Associated Student Government Fee) - Instructions to Decline Charges.

Material Fees 

Some classes require a material fee. Please check individual course offerings for the amount required.

Parking Permits and Fees 

Semester parking permits are good at both EVC and SJCC campuses and may be purchased online through Self-Service on any computer (from home, work, school) when paying by credit card. Please, direct questions or concerns after you have ordered/purchased your parking permit to Credentials Solutions at 1-800-646-1858.

All automobiles must have the permit placed on the left -hand bottom corner of the front windshield. Violation of parking rules can result in citations ranging from $37 to $300. Disabled Person Parking spaces and red zones are enforced at all times. Please read the posted signs and follow instructions printed on parking permits. 

Paid parking is enforced Monday through Saturday. A parking permit does not guarantee a parking space; it merely gives the student the convenience of not buying daily permits.

Students who have the BOGW Fee Waiver will be charged a maximum of $25.00 for regular semester parking permits. 

Spring/Fall Semester Parking Fees:

  • $45 - Automobiles permit
  • $35 - Carpool permit
  • $25 - BOGFW recipients
  • $15 - Motorcycle permit
  • $3 - Daily Permit

Summer Semester Parking Fees:

  • $10 – Automobiles
  • $5 - Motorcycles
  • $3 - DAY permit

Graduation and Certificate of Achievement Petition Processing 

Petitioning for an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree and/or Certificate of Achievement is a free service for the students.

Nonresident/International Student Tuition 

Nonresident and foreign students are required to pay enrollment fees as noted under "Enrollment Fees" in addition to nonresident tuition ($377 + $46= $423 per semester unit). Personal checks are not accepted for tuition or fees. All fees are payable in full ten days following registration.

Education Code section 68075.6 grants an immediate nonresident tuition fee exemption to eligible Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders and refugee students who settled in California upon entering the United States.  This exemption is granted for one year from the date the student settled in California upon entering the United States.

This exemption applies to the following:

  • Iraqi citizens or nationals (and their spouses and children) who were employed by or on behalf of the United States Government in Iraq (Pub.L. No. 110-181, §1244)
  • Afghan and Iraqi translators (and their spouses and children) who worked directly with the United States Armed Forces (Pub.L. No. 109-163, § 1059)
  • Afghanistan nationals who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government or in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan (Pub.L. No. 111-8, § 602)
  • Refugee students admitted to the United States under Section 1157 of Title 8 of the United States Code.

All fees are payable in full by deadlines published in the Schedule and available online at Self Service.

Fines and Holds 

Students having overdue library materials who do not return athletic equipment/uniforms, or have other outstanding book or other loans or fee balances, will have a hold placed on their records.

Failure to Clear Obligations 

A student is responsible for the clearance of all obligations at the college. A student who does not clear all obligations at the college will be denied further service by the college and the District, and outstanding balance information may be sent to collection agencies.​


Payments can be made online at Self Service with a credit card.

Student Fee Information

The San Jose Evergreen Community College District has implemented new procedures for the collection of outstanding student fees. If you owe $20 or more in mandatory fees such as: *Enrollment, Health Service, *Student and Representation Fee, a "Hold" will be placed on your record.

Failure to pay fees may result in the disenrollment of registered coursework. You may be able to get assistance with your current and/or future fees from Financial Aid. For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at the Student Service Center Room SC-123, 408.270.6460.​​​​

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out if I have outstanding fees?

​Find out if you have outstanding fees by going to Self Service

  • click on the “Log In” tab
  • then click on “Student Menu”
  • go to “Financial Information”
  • click ”Account Summary”

How do I avoid having a “hold” placed on my record?

Pay your outstanding fee balances two weeks prior to registration for the next semester.

What happens when a hold is placed on my record?

A “hold on your record” will cause you to lose such student privileges as:

  • obtaining official copies of your transcripts
  • checking out books and materials from the library
  • participating in athletics and/or student activities
  • obtaining health services
  • adding classes
  • registering for future semesters
  • receiving your AA/AS degree

What are my options for paying my outstanding fees today?

To pay your fees immediately:

  • Go online to Self Service
  • Go to the Admissions and Records office to pay in person

What happens if I am in financial hardship and cannot pay my fees today?

If you owe $50 or more, we can offer you the opportunity to sign up for a fee payment plan. To set up the fee payment plan, you must make an initial deposit of 10% of the amount owed and the balance will be divided into monthly payments in order for you to have a zero balance prior to the next registration cycle.

Example: 10% deposit on $100.00 owed is $10.00 and four equal payments of $22.50 covers the $90.00 remaining balance.

Where do I go to set up a fee payment plan?

To set up your fee payment plan please go to either Business Services located in the AC-115, 408.274.7900 ext. 6514 or the Admissions & Record office 408.270.6441

The installments can be made by any of the methods outlined below:

  • Go online to Self Service
  • Go to the Admissions and Records office to pay in person


Sam Morgan

Dean, Enrollment Services

A&R Building

Anindita Nag

Sr. Administrative Assistant

A&R Building