The first two official transcripts ordered at EVC are free! (This does not apply to emergency transcript requests which cost $10.00). SJCC and EVC issue separate transcripts. The first two at each campus are free.

Transcript Fees:

  1. Regular Official (7-10 working days to process): $4 per copy
  2. Regular Unofficial: $4 per copy at Admissions & Records
Students sitting in front of the Gym

Ordering Official Transcripts - Primary Method

Place your online transcript orders through Parchment, LLC.  

Pricing and instructions are provided on the Parchment website.  

Please click on the Parchment icon below to enter your order



Note: Wherever possible, an electronic transcript will be sent to our college partners accepting these transcript formats. Others will be mailed.

Requesting Official Transcripts - Alternate Method

Students may email, submit in person, fax or mail signed official transcript requests to:

Evergreen Valley College
Office of Admissions and Records
Attention: Evaluators
3095 Yerba Buena Road
San Jose, CA 95135, FAX: 408-223-9351

email: evcar@evc.edu

Transcript Request Form:

Transcript Request Form (fillable)

Transcript Request Form

NOTE: The form above is in PDF format. The form must be completed with Adobe Acrobat Reader, and is not compatible with Apple applications. If you do not have a PDF reader we recommend you download Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader.

Sending Official Paper & Electronic Transcripts

Students are required to submit transcripts from ALL colleges. All transcripts must be official transcripts. In many cases, students are permitted to utilize an unofficial transcript when meeting with a counselor to develop their educational plan. However, an official transcript must be received to clear a degree, certificate, or certify Veteran benefits.
If you are submitting your transcripts using an eservice, please be sure they are sent to: evaluators@evc.edu 

If an e-service is not available, the A&R Office recommends that students have their transcripts sent directly to the following address: 

Evergreen Valley College
Office of Admissions and Records
Attention: Evaluators
3095 Yerba Buena Road
San Jose, CA 95135

External Transcript Evaluation Process


Evergreen Valley College (EVC) provides an official evaluation of coursework completed at external colleges and universities to support students in achieving their degrees and certificates. The transcript evaluation process determines if courses taken at other schools can be utilized for General Education or graduation requirements. To be eligible for a transcript evaluation request a student must be currently enrolled and must have completed 12-semester units at Evergreen Valley College. Completion time for evaluation requests varies, but will generally be completed within eight (8) weeks.

Coursework from independent or out-of-state colleges and universities, or coursework taken at any regionally accredited school that predates available catalogs, may require students to provide course descriptions, syllabi, or additional catalog information, increasing completion time for an evaluation. Students are notified by email if this is necessary.

Evergreen Valley College uses the California State University General Education (CSU GE) and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) patterns. Coursework completed at another California Community College (CCC) will be evaluated based on already established general education approvals based on data available on assist.org.

When evaluating coursework from a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC) institution, we assess how the course was applied at the home institution and attempt to use it in the same manner at EVC.
When evaluating coursework from a private or out-of-state college or university, we review the coursework as per the rules and regulations for CSU GE and IGETC certification.
Students will receive an email once their evaluation is completed. Approved external transfer credit(s) are posted to the official EVC transcript as a total number of units. Individual courses will not be listed.

If students have completed coursework at another California Community College, they should refer to assist.org to see how we will apply coursework toward the EVC degree. We recommend that students see a counselor prior to submitting a transcript evaluation request. Students do not need to wait for an evaluation and can use assist.org to develop a provisional Education Plan with a counselor. All coursework completed at another CCC will follow approval according to what has been predetermined in assist.org based on the year and term the course(s) was completed.
If the student has completed a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution, this coursework will meet the general education and graduation requirements for an EVC degree as long as all other requirements are met per the college catalog.

Accreditation: Evergreen Valley College will accept external credit from only regionally accredited institutions. The following are regionally accredited agencies:

  • HLC – Higher Learning Commission (Formerly known as NCA, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools)
  • MSCHE – Middle States Commission of Higher Education (Formerly known as MSA, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools)
  • NECHE – New England Commission of Higher Education (Formerly known as NEASC-CIHE, New England Association of Schools and Colleges-Commission on Institutions of Higher Education)
  • NWCCU – Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • SACS – Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • WASC-ACCJC, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • WASC-ACSCU, Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Student Eligibility for Submitting an External Transcript Evaluation Request

Students must meet all of the following requirements:

  1. Be currently enrolled at Evergreen Valley College.
  2. Plan to complete a certificate, associate degree, or associate degree for transfer, CSU GE certification or IGETC certification at Evergreen Valley College.
  3. Have completed or registered in 12 semester units at Evergreen Valley College.
  4. Submit all official transcripts to the Evergreen Valley College Admissions and Records Office.
  5. Confirm that the major listed in your MyWeb account is accurate.

If a change of major is needed, students should submit a Demographics and Major Change Form to the Evergreen Valley College Admissions and Records Office.

Students can send an email to evaluators@evc.edu to check if their official transcript(s) have been received.

Transcript Evaluation Process

Students with completed external college or university coursework should follow these steps to request a transcript evaluation:

  1. Submit official transcripts from all previously attended schools to the EVC Admissions and Records Office.
    • Electronic Submission: send to evaluators@evc.edu. All electronic transcripts must be sent through a secure portal from the sending institution.
    • Paper Submission: sending institution should mail to
      • Evergreen Valley College
        Office of Admissions and Records
        Attention: Evaluators
        3095 Yerba Buena Road
        San Jose, CA 95135
    • We do not accept transcripts directly from the student unless they are in an unopened envelope with the official seal of the sending institution.
  2. Once official transcripts are received, students can submit an External Transcript Evaluation Form (contact evaluators@evc.edu to check if we have received your transcript)
  3. Evaluators will review the request and either approve or deny with comments. Our processing times are as follows:
    • Veteran Students: 4 weeks
    • All Students: 8 weeks
  4. Once the evaluation is completed a copy of the results will be emailed to the student. 

Important Information

Evergreen Valley College Admissions and Records Office uses evaluation results to confirm certificate or degree completion, CSU GE or IGETC certification.

Transcripts must be official and list final grades for all courses. Any course with an I, IP, RD will not be included in the evaluation results.

Lower-division associate degree-applicable coursework completed with an A, B, C, D, F, CR or P is reviewed, analyzed, and applied, as appropriate to the EVC requirements. Courses with W, NC or NP notations are not reviewed.

All degree applicable courses that have been completed with an A, B, C, D, or F will be calculated into the student's cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA). Students cannot choose specific courses to be included or excluded from the GPA calculation.

If a student wants to have a course evaluated to meet a major requirement for an EVC degree or certificate, consult a counselor and then the appropriate academic department.

Evergreen Valley College cannot guarantee how external coursework will be applied at a university once a student transfers. Student should refer to the transfer college or university for information on how their coursework will be applied.