First Stop Center
The First Stop Center is EVC's Welcome and Onboarding Center. Whether you are a new and prospective student or returning student, the First Stop center will get you started or continue on your educational and career path and help you navigate the college system. We provide you with assistance and support with onboarding, educational pathways, special programs, and other campus resources. Make us your first stop at EVC!
We are currently offering in-person assistance in our office. You can opt to come into our office to get 1-on-1 assistance with registering for classes, uploading your proof of COVID-19 Vaccination, or creating the SJECCD Secure Login Portal ( Self-Service, Canvas, MyHealth Portal, etc.)
How Can I Get Started At EVC?
Follow our New Student's Checklist to become a college student.
Apply and get your EVC Student ID# (Admissions and Records)
Set up your SJECCD Secure Login Portal including Canvas, Self-service, MyHealth Portal (First Stop Center)
Upload the proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (First Stop Center)
Complete the EVC New Student Orientation (Canvas)
Make a counseling appointment (Counseling office, SC-250)
Register for classes (First Stop Center)
Apply for Financial Aid (Financial Aid office, SC-123)
Buy textbooks (EVC Bookstore, Gullo I - 2nd Floor)
Attend classes (Check your class schedule)
Helpful resources for EVC Students:
- Instructions to create an account on SJECCD Secure Login Portal (PDF)
- Directions for Uploading Your Student Vaccination Record (PDF)
- Instruction for new students to join online orientation (PDF)
- Instruction on how to register for classes on Self-Service (PDF)
- Tutorial video on how to register for classes on Self-Service (YouTube)
- Tutorial video on how to drop a class on Self-Service (YouTube)
- ESL New Student's Checklist (PDF)
- Tutorial video on how to create an account on SJECCD Secure Login Portal (Vietnamese)
- Don't know which classes to choose? Schedule an appointment with a counselor today.
- Need help with class registration? Contact First Stop Center via email: email@example.com or phone: (408)780-0420
Choose Your Program Or Major
As a college student you must select an educational path/goal to work towards. Do you know your path? Check out MyPath: Career Coach to browse programs, take a career quiz, and start your path! Start here!
Guided Self-Placement for English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
To find out which classes are right for you, ESL students take the Guided Self-Placement at Evergreen Valley College. If you would like to register for ESL classes at EVC and would like to take the Guided Self-Placement, please contact the First Stop Center at 408-780-0420 or email GetStarted@evc.edu to make an appointment.
To learn more about ESL classes at EVC, please click on the link below. You will be able to see materials for each of the five levels of ESL, including reading, writing, grammar, and listening and speaking materials. There is Level 1: Low Intermediate, Level 2: Intermediate, Level 3: High Intermediate, Level 4: Low Advanced, and Level 5: Advanced. Learn more about our classes today!
Learn about EVC’s Guided Self-Placement for English Language Learners at ESL GSP.
For faster service, please include:
- Full Name
- EVC ID#
- Phone #
Location & Office Hours
The First Stop Center is located in the Admissions and Records Building (A&R).
Monday to Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm
Friday: 8 am to 1 pm
Closed on weekends and holidays
First Stop Center & First Year Experience Program Coordinator