Evergreen Valley College offers various early-college opportunities for K-12 students, allowing students to complete college courses while still enrolled in middle or high school. Dual Enrollment is also open to adult education students who are in a GED or high school equivalency program at an adult school. Read on to learn about the different types of Dual Enrollment offered at Evergreen Valley College.

evc dual enrollment logo

Types of Dual Enrollment.



Any student taking a class at their own accord is considered a Concurrent Student. Most students will fall in this category.

  • Enroll in college class(es) at their own accord
  • Enroll in open courses
  • Take up to 11 units for Fall/Spring
  • Take up to 7 units for Summer
  • Do not pay enrollment fees

Apply for Dual Enrollment

College & Career Access Pathways (CCAP).

A student attending a high school in partnership with EVC through a CCAP Agreement and enrolls in a designated CCAP course is considered a CCAP Student.

  • Enroll in a closed, cohort-based course
  • Take classes that may be held at the high school
  • Take up to 15 units per semester, or up to 4 courses (CCAP courses only)
  • Do not pay enrollment fees
  • Do not pay material fees

Apply for Dual Enrollment

Students sitting in front of the Gym

Adult Education.

A student who is currently enrolled in a GED or high school equivalency program at an adult school is considered an Adult Education Student. Prospective students can contact Teneka Cornish for more information to apply.

Apply for Dual Enrollment


Alexis Marquez

Program Coordinator


Teneka Cornish

Program Specialist


Yolanda Hayes

Dual Enrollment Counselor

Robbie Kunkel

Dean, LLRC, Dual Enrollment, Noncredit, College Wide Initiatives and Distance Education