Evergreen Valley College offers various early-college opportunities for K-12 students, allowing students to complete college courses while still enrolled in middle or high school. Dual Enrollment is also open to adult education students who are in a GED or high school equivalency program at an adult school. 

Students sitting in front of the Gym

Steps For Dual Enrollment Students.

1. Apply

NEW Students: You must create an OpenCCC Account. Then you will be able to "Start a New Application" to EVC.

Wait 72 hours for your application to be processed and you will receive a automated Welcome Letter with your 7-digit EVC ID # via email. 

If you do not receive an automated email within 72 hours, please contact Admissions & Records with your full name, DOB, and EVC Confirmation #.

RETURNING students: If you did not attend EVC in the last two semesters (not including Summer), you are considered inactive and must reapply as a new student by logging into your OpenCCC Account and submitting a new application.

2. Schedule of Classes

Refer to the Schedule of  Classes to see what will be offered in the next term. 

  • Consult with your school counselor and/or an EVC counselor to find out what courses are being offered and choose what course(s) you would like to take.
  • Pay attention to the start/end dates of each course, as well as the modality of instruction.
  • You must adhere to any prerequisite requirements. 
  • Dual Enrollment students are not eligible to take PE courses.
  • You must meet the Vaccine Mandate (Step 6) if you plan on taking any classes in-person at EVC.

Once you have decided which course(s) you are interested in taking, you will need to submit an official request to Admissions & Records as outlined in the next step.

3. Special Admit Form or CCAP Form

Concurrent Dual Enrollment Students must submit a Special Admit Form with an unofficial transcript attached. 

You will receive an email from EVC with the next steps. If approved, you will receive instructions on how to enroll via your Self-Service account.

CCAP Students must submit a Dual Enrollment request form listing CCAP course selection. You will receive an email from the Dual Enrollment Team with the next steps to follow. 

  • [EVC Dual Enrollment Request]: CCAP form will only be sent after submission of the Dual Enrollment Request. Please make sure to attach HS Transcripts [for Math Academy students only]. 

As of Summer 2022, CCAP high school partners include:

  • Alpha: Cindy Avitia High School
  • Andrew Hill High School
  • Cristo Rey High School
  • Evergreen Valley High School
  • Gunderson High School
  • James Lick High School
  • KIPP San Jose Collegiate
  • Metropolitan Education District
  • Overfelt High School
  • Piedmont Hills High School
  • Silver Creek High School
  • Wilcox High School
  • Yerba Buena High School

CCAP students will be enrolled by the Dual Enrollment Department in collaboration with the high school. Concurrent students may enroll in CCAP sections if and only if there are seats remaining in CCAP sections during the first week of classes.

4. Single Sign-On (SSO)

Single Sign-On is an authentication method that allows students to sign in once and access all the important applications here at EVC. Please take a moment to bookmark this page: 


You will use your SSO account for the following:

  • Self Service (Student Portal: allows you to register/drop classes, check grades, request transcripts, etc)
  • Canvas (Classroom Portal: allows you to access your class, complete homework, tests, etc) 

Important announcement: Microsoft MyApps Portal was launched on March 25, 2024. First-time users and password reset instructions are available below:

For any issues with your account, contact the ITSS Help Desk at (408) 270-6411 or submit a Help Desk Ticket online.

5. Orientation

An Orientation will provide you with general information regarding EVC's services and programs, as well as academic expectations, facilities, and resources available to you.

  • You can register for the Online Dual Enrollment Orientation through Canvas.
  • The orientation was designed specifically for dual enrollment students.
  • It may take you up to 1 hour to complete. 

For any issues with your account, contact the ITSS Help Desk at (408) 270-6411 or submit a Help Desk Ticket online.

6. Register for Classes 

  • Concurrent Students will register for classes via their Self Service Account.
    • After your Special Admit Form is processed and any prerequisites are cleared by an EVC counselor, you will be able to register on or after your Priority Registration Date
    • You can find your registration date on your Self Service account
    • Register for your classes
    • If you are trying to add a course after the class has already started, you will need to receive an Add Authorization by the instructor before you can self-enroll into the course.
  • CCAP Students will be enrolled by the Dual Enrollment Team.

7. Prepare for Success

We want all dual enrollment students to be successful!

In preparation for your first day, we recommend gathering the following information:

  • Get your Class Schedule ready. Make sure you know what time your classes start and the location of each course. Check your email for any important information from your instructor.
  • Log onto Canvas. You should see the course(s) you signed up for on your Canvas dashboard by the first day of class.
  • Plan to arrive on time! The first day of classes can be crowded, so leave earlier than expected if you are coming to campus.
  • Assess the parking situation. If driving to campus, take a look at the campus map to get familiar with EVC! Parking is usually free during the first week of class.
  • Pick up a VTA Eco Pass. Students can get a VTA Eco Pass for $6.50 per semester (5 units or less) or $11.00 per semester (6+ units). Stop by Admissions & Records to get your VTA Eco Pass.
  • Sign up for tutoring: It's free! More information can be found on the Campus Tutoring Center webpage.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our team!

Frequently Asked Questions.

Who can participate in EVC's Dual Enrollment Program?

  • Current high school students, grades 9-12.
    Please note graduating seniors must reapply as a regular student starting from the Summer after graduation. 
  • Adult education students currently enrolled in a GED or high school equivalency program at an adult school.
  • Middle school students that are strongly recommended by an official at their school. 

What are the fees associated with participating in the Dual Enrollment program?

Dual Enrollment students are waived from any tuition and registration fees! 

Concurrent students are responsible for any material fees associated with the course(s) taken, such as textbooks, lab equipment, school supplies, etc…

If you see a balance due in your student account, please contact Admissions & Records to have this corrected immediately.

Exception: Middle school students may be subject to tuition fees.

What classes can I sign up for?

Dual Enrollment students can register for most open, college courses. You must adhere to any prerequisite requirements. Prerequisites will be verified through transcripts and/or any other documentation of completed coursework.

Restriction: Dual Enrollment students are NOT eligible to take Physical Education courses.

We encourage students to consult with their high school counselor and/or family to determine what classes would be a good fit to take.

Will I get high school credit for taking courses?

It is up to your high school to determine if you will receive high school credit. Please consult with your high school to confirm.

Will I get college credit for taking courses?

Yes! Any classes you take at EVC will show up on your EVC transcript and you will receive community college credit for completing the course(s).

In most cases, courses are also CSU and UC transferable. You can use ASSIST to check and confirm which EVC courses have been approved for transfer and general education.

How can I request a transcript?

Transcripts are processed through Admissions & Records.

Transcripts cost $4 per official copy, but the first two transcripts are free!


Can I participate if I am undocumented?

Yes! Undocumented students are eligible and more than welcome to participate. We recommend undocumented students to reach out to EVC's OASISS program for additional resources and support.

What is the maximum number of units I can take per semester?

During the Fall/Spring terms, dual enrollment students may take up to 11 units. For the Summer/Intersession terms, the maximum is 7 units. 

Students that petition to take more than the dual enrollment limit will be charged full tuition and fees for all courses enrolled in.

Can my parents access my records if I am taking a class at EVC while in high school?

No. A college student's records are confidential and protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Parents cannot access student records without student consent, regardless of student's age. This includes information such as grades, class schedule, transcripts, communication with instructors, etc...)

We understand many of our students have supportive family members that want to help them during your time at EVC. If parents reach out, we are happy to provide general information about policies and procedures here at our college but will refer them back to FERPA. 

We encourage YOU as the student to email our team if you have any questions or need support.


Robbie Kunkel

Dean, LLRC, Dual Enrollment, Noncredit, College Wide Initiatives and Distance Education


Alexis Marquez

Program Coordinator


Teneka Cornish

Program Specialist


Yolanda Hayes

Dual Enrollment Counselor