Make an Appointment.
Our Counseling Services have transitioned to Zoom and In Person Appointments:
Drop-In Counseling Services
Mon-Thurs 9am-3pm (No Appointment Needed)
- Class problems
- Class Recommendations for First Time College Students
- EVC College Policies & Procedures
- English/Math Recommendations
- Prerequisite Verification
- Course Repeats (3rd and 4th Attempt)
- Excess Units
- In-Progress Verifications
- One Semester Edplan (Less than 15 units completed, no external transcripts from other colleges)
- Academic or Progress Dismissal
- Academic or Progress Probation
- Academic Progress Review
- Career Counseling
- Complete Edplan (Must have completed 15 plus units at EVC and/or SJCC)
- General Counseling
- Graduation Petition
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Counseling
- Transcript Discussion
- Transfer Follow-Up
- Transfer Planning
- UC TAG Review
Note: To schedule an In Person Appointment call the Counseling Front Desk Staff at 408-270-6475.
- Online Appointments via Zoom, an online meeting platform that works on computers, smart phones, or tablets. A zoom account is not necessary to participate. Visit Zoom Help Center for video tutorials.
After you schedule your appointment, you will receive a Zoom meeting link with login instructions. Check in 10 minutes before your scheduled Zoom appointment to deal with any technology problems that might arise and wait for your Counselor in the virtual Waiting Room.
How To Prepare For A Counseling Appointment
We are here to support you. Please plan ahead for your counseling session and follow the steps below for a productive counseling session.
- Visit our FAQ webpage, which could help you answer questions you might have before your appointment.
- Visit the EVC First Stop Center for registration, Math and English placement and Prerequisite Clearance information.
- Bring your EVC student ID to the appointment.
- Bring transcripts, AP scores, educational plan(s), and any other academic records that pertain to what you plan to discuss with the Counselor.
- Prepare a list of questions.
- Review transfer information if you plan to transfer and Degrees/Certificate requirements.
We strongly recommend that you make every effort to keep your appointment in order to avoid a long wait period for a new appointment. Should you need to cancel an existing appointment, we require 24 hours notice. You may cancel your scheduled appointment on eSARS On-Line Appointments or by calling the Student Success Center at 408-270-6475.
Special Programs Students
Contact your programs for counseling appointments.
- ASPIRE: 408-274-7900 Ext. 6227
- CalWORKs: 408-274-7900 Ext. 6589
- DSP: 408-270-6447
- ENLACE: 408-274-7900 Ext. 6598
- EOPS/CARE: 408-270-6455
- International Students: 408-223-6740
- OASISS: 408-274-7900 Ext. 6079
- Umoja/ AFFIRM: 408-274-7900 Ext. 6853
- Veterans Freedom Center: 408-223-6789
- YESS Program (Foster Youth): 408-274-7900, Ext. 6547
For assistance call the front desk at 408-270-6475.
We are open as follows:
M, T, Th 8 am - 5 pm
W 8 am - 6 pm
F 8 am - 1 pm