The purpose of the Campus Technology Committee is to assess campus computer resources and to develop, and annually update, a three-year comprehensive Technology Master Plan for the coordination of campus-wide computing. Specifically, the committee will:
- Make recommendations to the College Council on matters relating to the acquisition and use of technology campus wide.
- Create, and annually update, an EVC Technology Master Plan, Telecommunications Technology Information Program (TTIP) and Tech II Plans, and promote, evaluate and monitor their implementation.
- Promote the use of computers and other technology on campus.
- Make recommendations for use of technology training for faculty and staff development in collaboration with the Staff Development Committee and Learning Resources Consortium.
- Make recommendations regarding priorities for the acquisition of technology, hardware and software, design and use facilities and other related resources during the review and development process. Such recommendations could include priorities for support staff, training and access to computer resources and laboratories.
- Recommend procedures for the placement, operation, repair and replacement of technology resources.
Recommendations Forwarded to
- College Council
Administration: – 3
- V.P. of Academic Affairs (part of job description)
- Supervisor, Campus Tech Support Services (part of job responsibility)
- At Large Representative
Associated Students: – 2
Faculty: – 8 (one from each division as determined by the Academic Senate)
- Business & Workforce Development
- Counseling & Matriculation
- Library and Learning Resources
- Language Arts
- Math, Science, & Engineering
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Social Science, Humanities, Arts & P.E.
- At-Large (elected by the Academic Senate)
Classified: – 4
- To be selected from among the committee members.
- Faculty reassigned time.
- All members are elected/appointed for one year, renewable by appropriate constituent group.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 3: 30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Open to any interested member of the college community