The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to plan and coordinate the staff development activities for faculty and staff. The committee will also work in collaboration with the College Technology Committee in planning and funding activities. The Professional Development Committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of the college as they relate to staff development and improvement of instruction.
- Develop programs and strategies to meet these needs.
- Annually evaluate the staff development program and funding guidelines.
- Examine and approve or deny requests for staff development funding.
- Develop, update and maintain policies to promote staff development.
- Plan and coordinate Professional Development Day activities subject to the requirements of the Faculty Association Collective Bargaining Agreement and approval of the Academic Senate. (See FA Contract, Sections 11.6, 7, 8, 9 & 10). A Professional Improvement Committee shall consist of three (3) representatives of the Academic Senate, one (1) administrator, and one (1) representative of the Faculty Association.
Recommendations Forwarded to
- College Council or Academic Senate, as appropriate
Administration: - 2
Classified: – 3
Faculty: - 8 (one faculty from each division as determined by the Academic Senate):
- Business & Workforce Development
- Counseling & Matriculation
- Language Arts
- Library and Learning Resources
- Math, Science, & Engineering
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Social Science, Humanities, Arts & P.E.
- At-Large (elected by the Academic Senate)
- Faculty reassigned time for a two-year term
All members are elected/appointed for one year, renewable by appropriate constituent group.
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 3:00-4:30 pm
- Open to any interested member of the college community