As part of the governance structure and decision making process of the college, the Academic Senate is an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters. Specifically, these topics include (Ref. Title V, Sec. 53200 & District Policy 1520.2):
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites, and placing courses within disciplines.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- District and college governance structures, as they relate to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the Governing Board and the Academic Senate.
Recommendations Forwarded To
Governing Board, College President, or College Council, as appropriate.
Note: If at any time the membership as stated differs from the Academic Senate Bylaws, the Bylaws will supersede this section
- Academic Senate President, Vice President, Immediate Past President and Treasurer.
Division Senators :
- Division tenured and tenure-track faculty members < 20 = one elected senator.
- Division tenured and tenure-track faculty members >20 = two elected senators.
- 2 elected by and from the EVC tenured, contractual full time faculty and tenure-track faculty
- 3 elected by and from the EVC adjunct faculty.
- President – elected annually
- Immediate Past President – serves until replaced by current President
- Division Senators – 2 years
- At-Large Representatives – 2 years
- Adjunct Senators – 1 year
- Academic Senate President elected by the faculty
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- The Senate President, as defined in Academic Senate Bylaws, may call special meetings.
- Open to any interested member of the college community.
- End Of Semester Faculty Checklist
End Of Semester Faculty Checklist
Here are some links to help you complete a variety of tasks at the end of each semester.
- Close out your course with a closing message to your students.
- Export your grades to an Excel spreadsheet and save. Lock your Canvas course.
- Rollover your Canvas Shells if the new shells are open for next semester.
- Enter your final grades in MyWeb.
- Enter your positive attendance if required in MyWeb.
- Enter your SLO assessment reports in CurriQunet.