- Assure all college planning is aligned and responsive to the college mission and goals.
- The committee oversees college accreditation, program review and strategic planning processes.
- Oversee the Accreditation compliance process and related accountability in consultation with the VP of Academic Affairs and the various constituent groups.
- Coordinate accreditation activities, including preparation of self-study reports, midterm reports, interim reports, annual reports, and site visitations for accreditation reaffirmation, to ensure sustainable and continual quality improvement.
- Create and monitor a work plan and schedule inclusive of the accreditation cycle.
- Receive and distribute information to and from campus and community constituencies.
- Maintain accreditation reports and update resources in the Accreditation Resource Center (Evidence Room).
Program Review Charge
- Establish, monitor, and oversee the program review criteria, process, implementation, and accountability in consultation with the Academic Senate and college council.
- Facilitate a data driven Program Review process that will inform institutional priorities .
- Coordinate information and data (SLO) with SLO Sub-Curriculum Committee.
- Develop and monitor Program Review schedule for the college campus and implement formal notification of scheduled program reviews.
- Provide consultation and feedback during program review process.
- Ensure program review is available for public access.
Strategic Plan Charge
- Establish, monitor, and oversee the Strategic Planning process, implementation and accountability.
- Ensure all college planning is responsive to the college vision, values, mission goals, community, and student demographics, while integrating district mission and values.
- Ensure that all planning processes involve appropriate segments of the college community.
- Forward recommendations to College Council and Academic Senate as appropriate
- Create process to report ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of the college strategic plan
- Oversee the Educational Master Plan process, implementation, and accountability.
Recommendation forwarded to
- College Council and Academic Senate as appropriate
Administration: 3 appointed by MSCC
Associated Students: 4
Faculty: 8 (at least one faculty from each area designated below)
- Business and Workforce Development
- Student Success and Support Services
- Language Arts
- Math, Science & Engineering
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Social Science, Arts, Humanities, and P.E.
- At-Large (elected by the Academic Senate)
Ex Officio: Vice President of Academic Affairs and Campus Researcher
- All members are elected/appointed for two years, renewable by appropriate constituent group
1st and 3rd Mondays of the month time TBD
- Open to any interested member of the college