Diversity Action Council
- Increase knowledge of diversity and effect positive change within the EVC community
concerning issues of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, dis/ability,
socioeconomic class, culture, and national identity, as well as the myriad of ways
intersectionality impacts individuals.
- Provide information and new perspectives on these issues to improve personal and working relationships among our community, notably raising awareness of, and acting in prevention against sexism, racism, ageism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, and other forms of categorical
prejudice and discrimination.
- Implement ongoing training and equip employees with the tools they need to support underserved students.
- In conjunction with the President’s Office and participatory governance committees, create and
implement a campus strategic vision and plan for diversity and equity.
- Plan and implement Diversity Calendar of Events in coordination with various campus departments and programs (e.g., Envisioning Equity Speaker Series, a monthly book club)
Recommendations Forwarded To
- College Council
- Associated Student Government Representative (1)
- Division Representatives (1 per division/9)
- Special Programs Representatives (2)
- Director of Student Development & Activities
- College President
- All members are selected for a one year, renewable through reaffirming their commitment to DAC.
- Bi-monthly meetings are held on Tuesday's from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Annual training of new and returning members on the Wednesday prior to the fall semester. This will be a full PDD activity for DAC members.