The purpose of the College Budget Committee is to be an advisory body to the College President on process, procedures, and development of the college budget. Specifically, the committee is charged to:
- Learn the elements of the budget and review Governing Board and District priorities.
- Recommend college budget priorities and a campus budget development process.
- Make recommendations to the College Council for the allocation of funding and/or budget reductions.
Disseminate accurate and timely budget information to the college community.
Recommendations Forwarded to
- College Council
- To be selected from among the committee members
- All members are elected/appointed for one year, renewable by appropriate constituent group.
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, 3:00-5:00pm
- Open to any interested member of the college community.
- Administration: - 4 (at least 1 Instruction and 1 Student Services)
- Associated Students: – 3
- Classified: – 4
- Faculty: – 8 (one faculty from each division as determined by the Academic Senate)
- Business & Workforce Development
- Counseling & Matriculation
- Language Arts
- Library and Learning Resources
- Math, Science, & Engineering
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Social Science, Humanities, Arts, & PE
- At-Large (elected by the Academic Senate)
- Ex Officio: (non-voting resource people)
- Vice President, Administrative Services
- Budget Operations Supervisor
2000-01, Suspended by College Council
2001-03, Responsibility assigned to College Council
2003-04, Re-established by College Council and College President