College and Safety Facilities
The purpose of the College Safety/Facilities Planning Committee is to:
- Promote college culture of safety by supporting campus safety education and training.
- Review and make recommendations regarding procedures related to safety.
- Ensure a clear mechanism for individuals to report safety/facility issues, providing regular communications to the campus where the information is located.
- Review and make recommendations on bond projects to be included in the Facilities Master Plan, including prioritization of new buildings.
- Review major facilities remodeling projects and assign priorities and timelines for completion of such projects.
- Review and make recommendations on the efficient and effective utilization of college facilities.
Recommendations Forwarded to
- College Council
- Classified (4)
- MSCC (4)
- Associated Students (2)
- Faculty (8) – One from each division as determined by the College Academic Senate. If a division is unable fill their designated slot on the committee, said slot will be made available as an "at-large" faculty representative, as determined by the College Academic Senate.
- Business & Workforce Development
- Counseling & Matriculation
- Language Arts
- Library and Learning Resources
- Math, Science, & Engineering
- Nursing & Allied Health
- Social Science, Humanities, Arts, & PE
- At-Large (elected by the Academic Senate)
- Vice President, Administrative Services (as part of job responsibilities)
- District Non-Voting/Ex Officio Members – District Director of Facilities & Bond Program, District Contracts & Risk Manager, District Chief of Police, and District Lieutenant.
To be selected from among the committee members.
Faculty reassigned time.
- All members are elected/appointed for one year, renewable by appropriate constituent group.
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month, 1:30-3:00 pm
- Open to any interested member of the college community
*Please refer to the Shared Governance Handbook for Operational Rules for all Open Committees.
1983 OSHA Committee
1986 Safety Committee
1999 Campus Safety/ADA Committee
2006 College Safety combined with Facilities Committee