Diversity Action Council
The Diversity Action Council is to:
- Advise the president on diversity and equity issues which include, but are not limited to hiring, America Disabilities Act and cultural awareness.
- Answer to the president.
- Influence EVC campus community through the president on issues of EEO, Cultural Competency and New Employee Orientation.
- Have a member on the College Council to view issues through a diversity viewpoint and not a constituency viewpoint.
- Advocate the usage of the Diversity Action Guidelines, by, Vision Incorporated throughout the campus community culture.
- Support multicultural awareness and communication that emerges and reinforces inclusiveness, respect, cultural strength and values.
Recommendations Forwarded To
- College President
There is a maximum of 20 members of DAC with the EVC president included as a member.
- Members of DAC shall include the wealth and depth of our diverse campus community. This includes, but is not limited to those representing historically underrepresented groups, physically challenged, ethnically diverse, sexual orientation from our employee and student community.
- Membership notification will be sent out simultaneously for new and existing members reaffirming and/or resigning in early March.
- Current DAC members will review and recommend new members to membership.
- The Associated Student Officers will assign 3 students to DAC as members.
- 1 or 2 members during the April/May membership drive.
- 1 or 2 with no more than a total of 3 student members in September.
- All members are selected for a one year, renewable through reaffirming their commitment to DAC.
- Bi-monthly meetings are held on Tuesday's from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Annual training of new and returning members on the Wednesday prior to the fall semester. This will be a full PDD activity for DAC members.
- Fall 2006
- Co-Chairs are elected on an alternating cycle for a two year period. Secretary is elected for a two year term.